Sidecar Safari Peak District- Day Tours - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Brilliant sidecar experience!

As the only man in Britain offering motorcycle sidecar rides Bill is a fantastic driver, guide and... read more

Reviewed October 28, 2014
James S
London, United Kingdom
Brilliant trip which mum and dad loved

We booked this trip for my mum and dad. They absolutely loved the tour partly because of Bill's... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2014
Karen M
Staffordshire

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a very unique activity offered by a splendid chap who made our trip so interesting with his local knowledge and easy manner. He is really keen to show his part of the world off in all its glory and traveling on a bike was such fun! I preferred being in the side car to riding pillion but the sense of freedom was a revelation when you are used to the confines of a car. We stopped for a cup of tea and enjoyed a chat with Bill who is a thoroughly nice bloke with many stories to tell. The bike attracted attention as we traveled around and it was such a good trip....we were left with big smiles and refreshed lungs!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went on the sidecar safari trip with my mum for her 70th birthday. We visited some beautiful places, venturing up small lanes you wouldn't imagine driving up. Bill was very friendly and knowledgeable of Derbyshire. I would definitely recommend a ride on this unique motorbike experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Took the opportunity to take a spin out around the peaks with my family. Although none of us had ridden on a motorbike or sidecar before Bill made it easy and provided all the safety gear and took time to make sure we had a great time. We went out one adult / one child at a time with one riding pillion and one in the sidecar. As well as being the best way to see the surrounding area it was also a real hoot and a fun memory that will stay with us. Highly recommended for all ages.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I bought a Side Car Safari trip with Bill as a present for my husband's last birthday, and of course there's also space for an extra person on the back of the bike. My other half *had* to take me! Living in Derbyshire already, I'd seen a couple of the places Bill took us to, but with the Side Car Safari trip - you get to experience these from a totally different perspective! It was fabulous, and the weather was just right. Bill also took time to point out some of the sites we'd not seen before, and was a mine of useful information. A couple of bonuses for us were the great photos Bill took during our various stops to admire the views, etc.... and the discovery of a great new cafe tucked away in Rushup. Highly recommend! Hoping to do another one of the trips next year.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed June 13, 2014

What a wonderful way to spend a (fortunately sunny) afternoon, with Fred (ex-Harley biker) on the pillion, and me (definite non-biker) in the side-car. Fred has suffered a stroke but Bill was most understanding and helpful, and answered all his technical questions!
We thought we knew the Peak District, but Bill took us on side roads that we did not know existed. It was wonderful to see familiar views from a different perspective, all aided by Bill's helpful commentary. It was good to break the ride with a short walk to the top of Mam Tor. Resplendent in our 'biker gear', we got some funny looks from the hikers in their shorts and tee-shirts!
Another 'highlight' was the tea stop at The No-Car Cafe just below Rushup Edge.
When we were dropped back at the car park in Castleton, we could have done the trip all over again.
Thanks for a truly memorable experience Bill.
Vivien and Fred

Date of experience: June 2014
BillPurvis, Owner at Sidecar Safari Peak District- Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Viv and Fred,
Thank you for the review. It was great to see you both enjoying your afternoon out on the bike. I hope you'll plan a return trip on foot next time to re visit some of your favourite routes and find the No Car Cafe again.
Cheers