“Hubby has little sight and I can hardly walk but we did it and will do it again!”

Sidecar Safari Peak District- Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a trip on a motorcycle sidecar into the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Choose from a range of carefully designed trips to experience the countryside and heritage of the area. Tailor your trip to take in pubs, cafes, photo opportunities, visitor attractions or just sit back and enjoy the ride. An ideal gift for a special event.
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We saw this safari advertised on the website of Hoe Grange Holidays when we booked with them and once we realised that it would be the nearest thing to my husband ever being able to go on a motorbike (he has 5% sight in his good eye) and I could go in the sidecar (pick me up at the corners and chuck!) we knew we had to go for it and all credit to Bill as he wasn't put off by the prospect of us. We wanted to do it on the day that was 25 years since our first kiss, even though it was March, the weather obliged and we got the lambs and wild daffodils along the way that I so wanted to see. For us it was 3 hours of magic and a week on we are still talking about it and smiling at the memories it has given us, aided by the wonderful photos that Bill took of us along the way and then emailed to us (a lovely extra). It is also providing interesting conversations with friends who see the photos of what we got up to. An unique interaction with beautiful countryside via a lovely person in Bill that we would unreservedly recommend. As we have done it and Bill told us that others with mobility difficulties, who could never have otherwise gone on a motorbike, have done it previously, something not to be discounted by people with disabilities.

BillPurvis, Owner at Sidecar Safari Peak District- Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Hi Jo and Geoff
Thank you very much for the lovely review, although I think it should be me singing your praises for being so adventurous and willing to try something quite different. I'm glad it work out well for both of you and look forward to showing you some different areas of the Peak District when you return.
Best wishes
Bill

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife bought me a sidecar trip with Bill for the afternoon around the Peak District for my 50th; I had always wanted to ride in a sidecar since childhood. A lifelong ambition that could so easily have been an anticlimax as I had so long-dreamed how fabulous it would be. However, down to Bill's wonderful nature and excellent skill at making the trip interesting and informative, without being overly invasive, I loved every minute out on the road in his fabulous sidecar. The weather was ok but I couldn't have cared as the fun I was having and the excellent gear that Bill has for clients to wear just had me grinning all the way around Derbyshire. He picks lots of little back lanes away from large traffic routes which make for a very special trip, even if you thought you knew the area well. The best trip i have been on and the best fun I have had in a long time. Don't hesitate to call Bill and book yourself a trip; I would recommend his tours to anyone and will definately be jumping back in that fabulous machine of his again before long.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked this trip as part of my mum's 80th Birthday Treat and whilst original booking delayed by a couple of days due to heavy rain, it was well worth the wait ... Although Bill is not originally from Derbyshire, he certainly know's more about the scenic surroundings than I do and I am Derbyshire Born and Bred !! Mum was absolutely overjoyed with our day trip out and so was i, Bill co-operated fully with my request to trim up the bike with balloons and banners for mum's arrival for her special day and Bill also provided all of the right gear for the day in the way of coats, neck warmers, helmets etc so all you have to do is turn up at the agree venue and enjoy the ride !! He also emailed some fantastic photo's taken on the day !! We had a great tour and stopped off half way round for cake and tea and at a Derbyshire Village full of fascinating history then onto part 2 of the tour.. As a Motorbike rider myself I can definitely say Bill is a VERY SAFE RIDER!!! and makes the day very enjoyable in every way!! If you have friends abroad who are visiting you in the near future this really is the present of a lifetime... and one they will never forget !! Go on... Book in your dates !... And Bill, ....thank you so much for a fantastic day out !! Pauline & Joan (mum)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked my husband a trip in a sidecar as he is a motorcycle rider himself and he has always wanted to experience a ride in a sidecar, Bill picked us up in Bakewell and took us on a lovely trip with great views, He told us all about the area. we really enjoyed the morning out and Bill is a very easy going person to get along with. I