“60th Birthday Sidecar Safari”

Sidecar Safari Peak District- Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a trip on a motorcycle sidecar into the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Choose from a range of carefully designed trips to experience the countryside and heritage of the area. Tailor your trip to take in pubs, cafes, photo opportunities, visitor attractions or just sit back and enjoy the ride. An ideal gift for a special event.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

A memorable and most enjoyable 60th birthday treat from my brother Barry. Bill picked us up on a lovely sunny May morn and, after kitting us out in appropriate jackets and safety helmets, whisked us off in to the beautiful Derbyshire countryside.We left Monsal Head and did a circular tour taking in picturesque places such as Cressbrook, Tideswell,Abney and Eyam with a refreshment stop along the way.It is a fantastic and original way to see the Derbyshire Peak in all its glory and Bill is very friendly and informative. I can recommend it to anyone wanting an enjoyable and interesting day out in the country.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a fantastic way to see the beauties of the area around Ashford, where we were staying. The pace is just right and Bill was an excellent guide, choosing the route. It was my first experience of being in a sidecar and I loved it. Couldn't decide whether I preferred pillion or sidecar so my husband & I swopped around during the tour. Would recommend the experience unreservedly.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were staying in the Peak District over the Easter break and picked up a card in a pub in Hathersage - looked eccentric and interesting, so we called the number on the off chance... No problem! The wonderful Bill picked us up from our B&B the next morning and treated us to a magical ride through the snow (having provided us with first class, ultra-warm motorbike gear). My partner and I have visited the area many times over the years, but it really is a different experience on a bike/sidecar - and we saw a few places we'd not visited before. Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank joequinn
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A great , slightly eccentric way to experience the peaks. Loved every minute of it. Not so much two fat ladies more Wallace and Grommit. Bill is a thouraghly lovely guy and genial host. Bombing around the country lanes and seeing the fabulous views and countryside in such spectacular fashion should not be missed.

1  Thank Verbsboy
See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I wasbought thsi as a surprise birthday present and boy what a surprise it was. I don't think I stopped chuckling from start to finish, Bill is a perfect gentleman and a font of Peak District knowlage. Everywhere we went in his wonderfully treasured bike and side car we turned heads and brought a smile to eveyone. Traveling around the back lanes and roads was perfect way to see the beautiful country side, and of course a slice of cake and pot of tea in Eyme. I felt safe secure, comfortable and well informed from all the things that Bill new. I would deffinatly recomend Bill's side car safari to anyone. Thanks Bill.