“shoot and cook”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tideswell School of Food - CLOSED

Tideswell School of Food
More attraction details
Owner description: Tideswell School of Food is a fantastic new cookery school offering a vast range of enjoyable cookery courses to suit all abilities and culinary interests. Located in the beautiful village of Tideswell in the heart of the Peak District, the School of Food boasts a modern yet homely teaching kitchen that can accommodate up to 12 students.
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“shoot and cook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

booked this for an early xmas present for my husband as he does both! he had a brilliant day in fantastic surroundings,so much so i have booked on the next one in february!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank blackbob7

Southport, United Kingdom
“Brilliant pies and piccalilli!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had a great time making pork pies & piccalilli. Our chef, Joe, had a lovely relaxed manner and made everyone feel comfortable. All of us ended up with great looking pies and piccalilli. My pies didn't last the day once I got home and were pronounced 'better than shop ones'.
The organisation and planning was excellent and the kitchen was a good place to work with all necessary ingredients and equipment to hand.

Visited November 2013
Ipstones, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Autumn Supper Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I saw the supper club advertised - not only using lovely local ingredients but also local wines (the wines chosen to match each course) all included in the price. My husband and I love to try out different wines and thought that we must check this out! Given that we knew we would be having four glasses of wine (min.), we booked into The George Inn, located opposite the cook school - also very good and would recommend. The canapés on arrival were both excellent and plentiful (understatement!) with copious amounts of rose wine being offered around. The meal was very nice indeed and the wines chosen to match were a delight. So glad we had booked accommodation, given our alcohol consumption! We will certainly be back for another supper club next year - very good value for money and something different too.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“What a really great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have just been fortunate to have attended the Master Chef course with Rupert Rowley. The course content, facilities and overall experience were first class. But what really made the course was Rupert's own down to earth approach and relaxed presentations whilst at the same time demonstrating a very high level of knowledge and skill and being able to present in such a relaxed and reassuring manner.

A really memorable and enjoyable learning experience.
G Webster

Derbyshire, UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Baking Bagels!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

On October 25th, I attended a Baking Bread course at Tideswell School of Food. It was a full day course and cost £135. TSF is a community enterprise set up with the aim of bringing work into the village and supporting local businesses.

The course was excellent! I was really surprised at how much we managed to cover in the day: bagels, walnut bread, focaccia, chelsea buns, rye bread, all of which we took home with us, and how much I learned. I'm quite an experienced bread-baker but have always failed to make good bagels, and this was why I had signed-up for this course. Well, not anymore! This time my bagels were a huge success!

The facilities at TSF are very good with a well equipped kitchen and ingredients prepared and to hand which meant that no time was wasted. The standard of teaching was high - Joe is obviously a very good chef and, importantly, is able to share his skills and knowledge with others.

All-in-all, the course was very good value for money and I would highly recommend the courses at TSF to others. I am looking forward to attending more myself.