“Perfect day!”
Review of Tideswell School of Food - CLOSED

Tideswell School of Food
More attraction details
Owner description: Tideswell School of Food is a fantastic new cookery school offering a vast range of enjoyable cookery courses to suit all abilities and culinary interests. Located in the beautiful village of Tideswell in the heart of the Peak District, the School of Food boasts a modern yet homely teaching kitchen that can accommodate up to 12 students.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband bought me a Tideswell School of Food gift voucher for Xmas, so I booked onto the Street Foods - World Flavours course. We were welcomed with a hot drink and a chat with tutor Joe, then headed off to the kitchen. We each had a recipe pack, and the day was a mixture of a little demonstration and lots of hands-on cooking. The pace of the day was just right, not too fast but on the other hand the recipes were fairly complex so that you didn't feel bored. During the morning we cooked flat breads, hummus and lamb koftas to eat for lunch (with a small glass of wine!) and we covered loads more Indian and Asian dishes in the afternoon - I came home with a big bag of food! There were 8 of us in the class, which I felt was just the right number.
I absolutely loved the day and would recommend the cookery school to anyone, there are plenty of different courses to choose from. For me it was a great way to escape the kids for a day (it was the Easter holidays!) and spend a day immersed in something I love doing without any interruptions! I must add that 4 of the 8 people on the course had attended the cookery school before, and I can see why they came back for more - I will be doing that too!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

a great day with Danni semi-finalist in 2012 GBB- learning how to bake amazing treats.........
fantastically organised by Tideswell School of Food. The School is a social enterprise, and a big part of the village's approach to developing it's future,
Only down side- now eating all the wonderful things we made...............
lots of courses to choose from

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Calling all budding brewers. I cannot recommend this highly enough. The micro brewery has been designed so that, while small, you can witness and take part in each of the brewing stages, choosing your hops as you go. My nine bottle haul has just been delivered and it was marvelous, if I do say so myself. Thanks you TSoF! Mark, South Wingfield

1  Thank oldbottlestore
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic brewing session with the excellent Kevin who definitely new his stuff. Lovely location and facilities. We were well looked after with tea coffee and bacon rolls. Looking forward to the beer we made arriving in the post.

1  Thank funkcity
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had travelled from afar to come for this sausage making class - mostly as we were part of a hen weekend! However, it was a brilliant day and activity. The hosts were entertaining and very experienced/informed/knowledgeable women who knew alot about sausages. And bonus - we got to bring back all 1.5kg of hand-made sausages! A great day out.

1  Thank drcrab12