“Relaxed, enjoyable treat :)”
Review of Tideswell School of Food - CLOSED

Tideswell School of Food
More attraction details
Owner description: Tideswell School of Food is a fantastic new cookery school offering a vast range of enjoyable cookery courses to suit all abilities and culinary interests. Located in the beautiful village of Tideswell in the heart of the Peak District, the School of Food boasts a modern yet homely teaching kitchen that can accommodate up to 12 students.
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Really enjoyed the Chinese cookery evening I attended this week. The kitchen atmosphere was really relaxed and fun, the recipe was demonstrated brilliantly and there was lots of help and advice when needed. Then got to take my yummy food home to enjoy with a glass of wine! Can't wait to go back :)

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were celebrating a birthday so 8 of us had a private Italian Pasta Cooking course - just 2 hours on a Sunday morning. We had a real laugh together, and learnt how to make fresh pasta, fresh pesto (absolutely out of this world!), fresh pasta sauce and brushcetta. All the ingredients were fresh and wonderful, already weighed out for us so that we could just get down to cooking. Putting the pasta through the machine was a real test - but even the worst cooks among us managed to make wonderful ravioli.

We then went upstairs where the table was laid out beautifully and ate what we had cooked - although there was so much food we could not eat it all, so the team gave us some containers to take it home with us.

The chef (Matt) was just great - very knowledgeable - and got all 8 of us working alongside each other in no time at all producing great food.

The kitchen staff were really helpful and cleared up after us all - what a treat!!!

I cannot recommend highly enough - if you want a get together with friends with a difference, or a team building event - you won't go far wrong with this school.

TideswellFood, Manager at Tideswell School of Food, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your lovely review, we are so pleased that you had a great time and I hope it will be a birthday party to remember! The team thoroughly enjoyed working with you and said you were all great fun!

Thanks again, we hope to see you here at Tideswell School of Food again in the future.

Best Wishes
The Tideswell School of Food Team

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was given a voucher to the Tideswell School of Food for Christmas, and used it for a half day course in Middle Eastern Cookery. My mother commented that when she bought the voucher (over the phone) the staff were REALLY nice and REALLY helpful, and that she wished she was coming too, so I was expecting quite a lot from the school.

I was not disappointed! I live fairly close, so it was easy to find. I got there very early, but the staff were so welcoming and friendly, and made me coffee while I waited for the others to arrive. The facilities are lovely - spotlessly clean, small enough to be friendly and intimate, with everything that you could possibly need. We were a small group, and were able to ask all sorts of questions during the lesson, and get lots of one-to-one tuition.

The chef was excellent - obviously very knowledgeable about his area of cooking, and taught us all sorts of adaptable skills as well as the set recipes that day. We cooked a main dish, four side dishes, plus had lots of ideas of how to adapt these in different ways, plus ideas for a dessert to go with them. Everything tasted delicious, and was a lot more advanced and interesting than my usual cooking. I came home with a full recipe pack, a carrier bag full of food that kept me going for several meals, plus a nice apron, and a pack of the recipes we'd cooked and a couple of others.

I can't fault the day - everything was excellent, and I will definitely go again. The school has a wide range of different courses available, there are loads that appeal to me!

1  Thank Ginger_Elanor
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We have just finished a half day pasta making course at The Tidewell School of Food. We have all have a very good time, learnt how to make pasta, pasta sauce and pesto, and have eaten what we have made.
I would recomend the school for a good day out or corporate day etc

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Fabulous day learning to make loads of different types of bread. A fabulous place, very friendly and helpful people working there, great teaching chef and a relaxed, happy group of fellow students. I left withlots of delicious breads.

Having seen the Village SOS programme in 2011, I was really looking forward to an opportunity to go there. I was not disappointed! I heartily recommend the school and their courses. We will definitely be back for more.