“Nice food when it arrived !”

The George Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Tideswell
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The George Inn Hotel is located in the centre of the Peak District National Park in the heart of the UK. Comprising a traditional locals pub with tourist accomodation and restaurant which operates all year round.The restaurant is self contained away from the bar and there is also the option, weather permitting, to sit outside in the courtyard beer garden or at the front of the property.We offer traditional pub food prepared fresh from locally sourced produce and endevour to offer a relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ordered a main course only and when it arrived it was fantastic but it took an hr for it to come and they weren't even busy !

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Only popped in for a refreshing latte following a lovely walk in the area. Staff took an age to make the coffee and when it arrived, looked and tasted like warm water with a bit of milk. Staff offered to add an extra couple of shots - but still pretty tasteless.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are a family of 5 staying a stones throw away from The George, we arrived Sunday late afternoon and thought how lovely it looked, I rang to confirm that kids were allowed and asked to book a table for 7pm this was at 5.45pm, not a problem I was told see you soon, we arrived very hungry and looking forward to a meal to be told they'd had a busy day and could serve
One portion of lamb pie and chicken and for
Our hungry kids, chicken nuggets!! Nice!! So obviously what seemed to be the fawlty towers of tideswell didn't get our business and won't ever be, which is a shame because we're here for a week! I find it terrible that just over an hour before our reservation they failed to say they had no food, terrible customer service!!!

Tgeorge180, Owner at The George Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

I can completely understand your point of view but I thought it necessary if I may to just explain a little the background. Sundays throughout the winter are fairly quiet days so I admit we were not prepared for the onslaught we received that Saturday night and Sunday. In hand with this, a new chef had just started at the beginning of the week and we were in the process of changing the menu almost entirely, for the spring. As a result we did have lower than normal stock levels with a view to starting the following week with a clean sheet as it were. We apologised at the time and of course I can only apologise here for what was completely unexpected from our side and clearly extremely annoying from yours.

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife, 1yr old, the dog an I popped in for a drink having walked from Wardlow and Litton. My little boy was given a high chair before I'd had a chance to take my coat off and the dog got a fuss too. Couple of pints in very pleasant surroundings with the fire going. We'll be back.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The menu was very limited and what I did try to order wasn't available. I tried to order a sandwich instead, but sadly I was told Chef only serves them at lunchtime!!! There was nobody else eating in there at the time (19:30 on a Friday night), so I was suprised at the inflexibility. Staff were polite - but this didn't feed our hunger! Overall - very disappointing. We went to 'The Horse and Jockey' instead, which provided us with a good meal, at a reasonable price in a warm and friendly atmosphere.