“Fantastic Family Break - We ALL absolutely LOVED...”
other travelers have booked this property
Swift Cottage in Tideswell
Our unrivalled outdoor dining area has superb views Comfortable Living Room. Free Wifi ,BluRay ,HD FreeSat , Selection of books , games and DVD's
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Swift Cottage in Tideswell
Our unrivalled outdoor dining area has superb views
Our dining table seats six.
Our modern kitchen is well equipped.
The warm and welcoming landing area.
Our Luxury Bathroom with separate shower, whirlpool bath and underfloor heating
Basin and mirror with shaver point and demister
Clean and modern our shower is pure luxury
View from the bedroom window
Quality teak garden furniture
Savour the views whilst relaxing in comfort.
Well-maintained enclosed garden
Sunset from the terrace
Snowy dawn from the bedroom
Tideswell Church St John the Baptist, February 2012
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mark P
Lancashire, U.K
“Fantastic Family Break - We ALL absolutely LOVED Swift Cottage”
Reviewed May 10, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic short break we had in Tideswell staying for 3 nights at Swift Cottage. I booked the cottage last year as we always like to go away for my birthday over the Bank Holiday. It was myself, my wife and the two children. We do go away a good few times a year and I do spend a lot of time researching so I can be sure the place I choose is perfect for me and the family.....you could say Im a little fussy!

We arrived on the Friday evening, parked up on the road outside with no problems. Up the steps and through the well kept front area, with ample seating and a little pond (dont worry those with kids as there is a gate at the top that can be 'locked').

The cottage was lovely and warm when we opened the door and as you do, we all had a walk round to 'check it out'...wow!!! Myself & my wife loved it straight away, the kids were over excited at the thought of staying here.

Modern, clean, cosy, all mod cons, decor fab, superb new bathroom, wooden floors in the bedrooms and lounge. Great views from the lounge and bedroom windows looking over the fields.

A welcome pack of a bottle of wine (yep I managed to drink it all), milk, bread, fudge, marmalade, jam & fresh flowers greeted us.

We ate at the George Hotel on Friday night. You must try the Steak on a 'Rock', it comes part cooked and the rock is a Volcanic rock heated up to hotter than a barbecue (watch those fingers). You basically slice the steak and cook yourself! Great idea. A nice pint as well.

Tried out the log burner Friday night - excellent - nice and cosy in the front room.

We didn't know but the Tideswell food festival was on the Saturday, free samples all round! 40+ stalls. This was great we spent the whole day around the village.

Matlock Bath & Abraham Heights it was on the Sunday. Recommended day out.

All in all this was a great short break, to make it great to me the 'accommodation' has to tick all the boxes and so does the village / town you stay in - ALL BOXES TICKED here!!

The communication with the owners was excellent also, all my questions answered in great detail...... and I did have a few!

We will be back. Thanks.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Milton Keynes
Reviewed May 9, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Hinckley
Reviewed April 7, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Huddersfield
Reviewed January 30, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for a fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed the new bathroom and the flowers and birthday cake were a success! We hope you pay us a return visit - spring and summer are great times for a break. There is nothing quite like relaxing on the spacious patio with its teak garden furniture, watching the sun go down on a warm evening with a cool drink in hand!
Norwich
Reviewed January 1, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Jan 1, 2012
Many thanks for this great review. Glad you liked the new bathroom!
Hampshire
Reviewed January 1, 2012 for a stay in December 2011

Luxury-minded travelers
Jan 1, 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Bury St Edmunds
Reviewed December 28, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing