We have been going to Alton Towers for the past 11 years and This was the first time we have stayed at the Dog & Partridge. Our accomodation was first class, there was 6 of us in a room, which in it's self is a rarety, with plently of space for us all. The room was very clean. The room also featured a video and dvd player something that we didn't find on a recent stay at a top Marriot Hotel. It had a large kitchen and bathroom also.
Upon arriving we received a very warm and friendly welcome from the management, and all the staff were very helpful and friendly and could not do enough to help you.
Our evening meal was of very good quality and the menu catered for all. Breakfast was even better and one of the best we have experienced. Along side a full english breakfast was a vast buffett, of fresh fruit, cereals, yogorts, juices, jams etc.
A wonderful large outside play area for children of all ages to play in, as well as a carpark right outside your door.
We think that it is a very good quality B & B with all the added extras at a fraction of the price you would pay to stay in Alton Towers its self without losing any of the quality you would expect. Would highly recomend the Dog & Partridge to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dog and Partridge Country Inn is set in glorious surroundings on the edge of the Derbyshire / Staffordshire Border. This Peak District Hotel provides the perfect base for sight-seeing and walking holidays. This Derbyshire Hotel has been owned by the same family for over twenty years. And is renowned for the clean and spacious Derbyshire Accommodation located in the grounds of the inn – all on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Our location provides a great holiday base for those wanting to explore Derbyshire or Staffordshire; for businesses needing a meeting or conference venue in a small Derbyshire Hotel or for guests wanting a great night out or a party venue at a Peak District Hotel. With many notable attractions such as Alton Towers, Matlock Bath, Chatsworth House, Carsington Water, Haddon Hall and the lovely market town of Ashbourne only a short drive away, landmarks like Dovedale, Beresford Dale and the fantastic Derbyshire Villages Ilam, Hartington and Tissington – famous for the well dressings – are also within easy reach. The Dog and Partridge Country Inn has long been a popular base for walkers, ramblers and climbers in the Peak District, with a wide choice of walks, routes and climbs of varying distances and degrees of difficulty, all within easy reach of this Peak District Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Dog & Partridge Country Inn & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dog And Partridge Country Inn
- The Dog & Partridge Country Hotel Swinscoe
- Country Inn Swinscoe
- Swinscoe Country Inn