My mother,aunt, myself and my little cocker all stayed here for 2 nights when we visited a game fair. We arrived quite early the room wasn't ready which is quite understandable as they have a 12. o clock check out, we went into the bar which was cosy with a real fire going and had soup and sandwiches. We were then told the room was ready so we drove down and parked right outside we went in and it had bunk beds which mam and aunty had fun getting into (no problem after a couple of glasses of wine) it had the bathroom opposite and through a door you had a double bed, sitting area and open plan kitchen with patio doors which was handy for the dog, it also had a table and chairs outside so you could sit out in the better weather. Lovely views over the fields and plenty of places to walk and give the dog a run. The room itself was clean and comfortable but had a used look, need of some modernisation but for the price it was very acceptable (you pay the Ritz prices you get the Ritz). The staff was very friendly and nothing was a problem, the food was good and plenty to choose from at breakfast. I liked that you could take the dog into the bar with you, it was good for them to meet other dogs, mine had a ball. But was well behaved. We would certainly stay here again if we were ever in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dog and Partridge Country Inn is set in glorious surroundings on the edge of the Derbyshire / Staffordshire Border. This Peak District Hotel provides the perfect base for sight-seeing and walking holidays. This Derbyshire Hotel has been owned by the same family for over twenty years. And is renowned for the clean and spacious Derbyshire Accommodation located in the grounds of the inn – all on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Our location provides a great holiday base for those wanting to explore Derbyshire or Staffordshire; for businesses needing a meeting or conference venue in a small Derbyshire Hotel or for guests wanting a great night out or a party venue at a Peak District Hotel. With many notable attractions such as Alton Towers, Matlock Bath, Chatsworth House, Carsington Water, Haddon Hall and the lovely market town of Ashbourne only a short drive away, landmarks like Dovedale, Beresford Dale and the fantastic Derbyshire Villages Ilam, Hartington and Tissington – famous for the well dressings – are also within easy reach. The Dog and Partridge Country Inn has long been a popular base for walkers, ramblers and climbers in the Peak District, with a wide choice of walks, routes and climbs of varying distances and degrees of difficulty, all within easy reach of this Peak District Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your The Dog & Partridge Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dog & Partridge Country Hotel Swinscoe
- The Dog And Partridge Country Inn
- Country Inn Swinscoe
- Swinscoe Country Inn