Recently booked for 2 night but due to an electrical fire adjacent to the room, we returned from breakfast to find smoke coming out of an adjoining storeroom and our room full of smoke. No smoke or fire alarm going off.The bathroom wall was scorched where the electrics had blown in our bathroom. We retrieved everything we could as 3 fire engines turned up. We checked out immediately and were given an apology that the smoke alarm did not go off. I think the fact we were at breakfast was lucky. If the fire had started in the night there would be nobody to apologise to.... apart from next of kin. What amazed us most was the room was on the internet by 11.00 available for booking!!
I know this can happen in any establishment but I would expect to hear a fire alarm or smoke alarm. My wife an I deliberated for a while on whether to post this and decided that it would be read by the owners, staff and others and in the future interest of guests who I am sure will enjoy their stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dog and Partridge Country Inn is set in glorious surroundings on the edge of the Derbyshire / Staffordshire Border. This Peak District Hotel provides the perfect base for sight-seeing and walking holidays. This Derbyshire Hotel has been owned by the same family for over twenty years. And is renowned for the clean and spacious Derbyshire Accommodation located in the grounds of the inn – all on the edge of the Peak District National Park. Our location provides a great holiday base for those wanting to explore Derbyshire or Staffordshire; for businesses needing a meeting or conference venue in a small Derbyshire Hotel or for guests wanting a great night out or a party venue at a Peak District Hotel. With many notable attractions such as Alton Towers, Matlock Bath, Chatsworth House, Carsington Water, Haddon Hall and the lovely market town of Ashbourne only a short drive away, landmarks like Dovedale, Beresford Dale and the fantastic Derbyshire Villages Ilam, Hartington and Tissington – famous for the well dressings – are also within easy reach. The Dog and Partridge Country Inn has long been a popular base for walkers, ramblers and climbers in the Peak District, with a wide choice of walks, routes and climbs of varying distances and degrees of difficulty, all within easy reach of this Peak District Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Dog & Partridge Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dog & Partridge Country Hotel Swinscoe
- The Dog And Partridge Country Inn
- Country Inn Swinscoe
- Swinscoe Country Inn