“Good franchise food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good menu, served in good time. Attentive staff.

We hadnt booked but they were able to accommodate us

Would go back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a lovely birthday meal here,didn't book but they found us a seat, great staff , very friendly, food was lovely too, looked to be quite new.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My friend and I wanted to go to Montanaro's in Swad but had been unable to book a table so she suggested we give Prezzo a go as it was handy for where we live. I'm not a fan of chain restaurants so I agreed reluctantly.

It is a very pleasant, light, clean new restaurant to give it its due. But for me that's where the positives end. We both had the crab cakes to start, in all fairness, very very tasty, but at £5.95 for two small fish cakes, I think they over priced. I had a chicken pasta dish which had about four small pieces of chicken in, a teaspoon of pancetta but lots of pasta. It tasted plastic, nothing really wrong with it, nothing to shout about either. A bit pricey at £12.

We shared a bottle of Frascati, reasonably priced at £14.95 and had a gin and tonic, £4.95.

The biggest downside for me though was the service. It was so rushed, we had a string of different waitresses and felt like someone was stood next to our table for the entire time we were there asking a multitude of questions. Not quite the relaxing time catching up over a couple of drinks and a meal we were hoping for.

If you just want a quick meal before the cinema then I'm such this place would be satisfactory. If you're looking for somewhere for a night out, it's not the place to go. Had we not had a drink after our meal we could have done both courses in about 45 minutes from entering to leaving.

I won't be returning.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very surprised to find such a high quality restaurant in Swadlincote ( sorry to people of Swadlincote ). This is real competition to the Dial Bar, Winery and Pinochios. And it's closer to where I live! We will be going back. Great Place, Great Service, Great Time!

1  Thank Adrian B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Having read the recent reviews I was not expecting to be impressed last Saturday night, however I'm pleased to report a lovely experience - our food was delicious, the service was prompt and pleasant, the atmosphere relaxed and pleasant. I look forward to visiting again.