“Food nice but poor service”
Review of Prezzo Swadlincote

Prezzo Swadlincote
Ranked #7 of 63 Restaurants in Swadlincote
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food nice but poor service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Second time being to prezzo , first time was for lunch , atmosphere very quiet , they put all customers in one small area together which I found strange. This time we went on an evening a group of 10 of us and the food was nice but the service was poor , the waitress was constantly pulling faces when placing our order or if we asked a question about something on the menu . My friend asked for a coffee and the waitress was very abrupt asking what type ? Waving her hands all around . They also automatically added a £22 service charge to our bill when we said we would like it taken off and to add our own tip she was rude , took it off but then put a smaller charge on anyway ! All staff are foreign and do not understand English very well !

1 Thank Rla1988

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere in day time”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We popped in for lunch on a Saturday afternoon to find that there was only about six others in there. I was assured by my other half that it does get busy as the lack of people made me think that the food maybe questionable. The kids loved the big portion of spag bol, and we both enjoyed our meal, although I had the ravioli which was a bit meager in size! The staff seemed very attaintive but it made me feel uncomfortable as it seemed that they were watching us constantly! The lack of people in there meant the place had no atmosphere and we could hear the staff talking and giggling to themselves, not very professional! I am told that it gets busy at night, so I'm not sure why what I have heard is a great place to be and eat and night hasn't translated as a great lunch time place??

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AMR74
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good food, atmosphere and staff”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We've been a couple of times now, the first time in November. Each time we have been, we've been in to book our table and requested to sit in a particular part of the restaurant. The first time we went, I rang to check the time we had booked and to check that we still had the table I had asked for. The member of staff that answered my call said she couldn't guarantee it because it was very busy. This almost put us off going and we nearly decided to go somewhere else. I'm glad we didn't. We kept our booking and we had no problems on both occasions sitting where we had asked. The portions are a little bit too big for me, but nevertheless the food is good quality and reasonably priced for an Italian chain restaurant. The staff were friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. Our drinks arrived quickly, and our food was just right, not straight away but we didn't have to wait to long. We had a nice break between starters and mains. We didn't feel as if we were rushed, which was nice. The first time we went I had the goats cheese al forno and the second time I had the calzone. The calzone could have been a bit more crisp, but it was still very good. My fiance both times had the tre gusti VI-Pizza and he said it was very good.

We would definitely go back again, based on both of our visits.

• Visited February 2013
Derbyshire
“Great for a chain restaurant”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a modern Italian restaurant. It has delicious pizzas cooked in an open kitchen, a wide variety of good pasta dishes and chicken, steak and fish options too. They do a few combination options and salads too. They offer healthier options, including lighter pizzas, which are smaller and served with salad. The food is really good and freshly cooked. I would say that the salads are a little over seasoned. The crab cakes in saffron sauce are tasty.

Service is excellent and it is a goos place to combine with a cinema visit. They have a good choice of seating with booths, a couple of extra smaller rooms and balcony tables for two. My only criticism is the view of the Iceland and Home Bargains shop signs. Some of that opaque glass up to eye level would have been good.

• Visited January 2013
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Really good food (even for a chain restaurant)”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I'm not usually a fan of chain restaurants due to the usually poor service & quality of food. However, I was pleasantly surprised after trying Prezzo. There is a wide range of menu choices & the food is of excellent quality.
Being newly built, the decor & style of the restaurant is very modern & inviting.
The cost of the food is not high. The people that think this restaurant expensive need to get out of Swad more & sample the wider world.
The staff are friendly & service is pretty good. Yes, they are all foreign (see previous reviews) but they can still take orders & serve food as well as anyone else

• Visited December 2012