“very poor service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

food was nice when we eventually got it yes the restaurant was busy but we had pre booked as well as pre ordered our food other tables had crackers on as it was chrimbo but we had none although it was our works christmas do. service was shocking and so poor they didn't want to know wen asked how long our food would be, but it took an hr before we got anything to eat then had the cheek to add a tip on to our bill which they didn't get, wouldn't recomend this restaurant to anyone which is such a shame because the surroundings are lovely its just the staff

1  Thank Liz J

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Took grandchildren for meal Sun 2nd Dec food good nice atmosphere especially for Swad drinks were very expensive so eat but dont drink even cokes for kids

1  Thank Ivan B
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Size for size this is the most expensive pizza I have every had, however I suppose that the glass and chrome surroundings need some paying for. I saw pizzas being made then sitting on the counter for ages waiting to be taken to the tables, these should have been served straight away, the restaurant was only a quarter full, most of the staff looked as though they were not happy to be at work, not only was the pizza expensive it was not that well cooked. I expect Prezzo will trade on its name, and many of the new incomers to Swadlincote will enjoy, and will not mind paying the price to be seen in there, however it is not for me, and at nearly £25 for a simple lunch for two, (that is one pizza to share) is in my opinion far to much to pay. Also call me old fashioned, but please do not put a card machine under my nose and ask for a tip when your service is that poor.

1  Thank balddove
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The food was boring. I had the spag bol. I can make more tastier foo out of a jar to be quite honest. You can buy better tasting garlic bread from the supermarket, and I was really looking forward to my tiramusi as I love it. Again unfortunatly I was let down with the lack of flavour. The meal as expensive so expectations were high. Will not be going here again i can cook better more tastier food at home. Nice looking place though unfortunatly the food didnt live up to anything.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Called here for lunch after hearing how good it was. Perhaps we picked a bad day (Saturday), not so many people in but service was slow. The head waiter was efficient at taking our order but not so quick bringing our garlic bread, which sat on the counter for 5 minutes going cold, then it was brought at the same time as the main?