“Still Pretty Good”

Halfway House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Swadlincote
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: All food home made. Cater for all lunchtime specials from £6.45 With a good choice, also daily specials lunch 2 till 2 evening 6 till 9 Pub open all day for drinks Closed for Food from 21st December recommence 3rd January 2017
Reviewed January 10, 2014

First Class Lunch and fantastic service from booking to paying bill. Still excellent value, plus no rip off on drinks like so many others.
Overal experience was great, not been here for ages, will not leave it so long next time.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've visited the Halfway House for a range of different occasions. Without question the pub makes every effort to provide a top service and has the customer at the heart of their business. The atmosphere is relaxed, the bar and lounge always clean, odourless and welcoming. Their food is always tasty with a willingness to adjust dishes to individual taste. Dishes are well presented and desserts are yummy. There's a range of events on during the year, some community focused, raising funds for charity.

There's an outside small covered decked area with benches and tables. The restaurant isn't large but for me, this gives it a more intimate atmosphere. I have no hesitation giving top marks to the Halfway House based on my own experiences and my most recent visit for a drink was last night...Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hub of Donisthorpe village that hosts a multitude of family orientated events with links to the school and the Church. What is also a great bonus is the fantastic food. Dined on one of Peter's banquets that kept our party of 10 extremely satisfied. Fully recommend this place, although I would prefer if it didn't get any more popular as I would like to keep it to myself!!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went for my mother in laws 65th birthday.
I had one of the best steaks i have ever had in my life. I had steak dianne and the steak was perfectly medium rare and as tender as anything. The knife went through it like a knife through butter.
We all had 3 courses and everything was delightful. Fantastic presentation of the food and there was real attention to detail.
The chef/owner was around in the dining room. He was clearly proud of his food and keen for guests to have a fabulous time.
Have a go on the raffle for some amazing prizes!
Clearly experienced hosts and despite holding a kids panto and party that day, the service was wonderful and so was the food. A great find on our doorstep. Will be returning soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We eat here regularly, so regularly with me ordering the wonderful fish and chips that Paul jokes that they are off the menu now! The atmosphere is really friendly and it is so good to find a dog friendly pub. We came for meal with friends on a Friday night in November and the meal was excellent as usual.

Peter and Paul make sure that The Halfway House is at the hub of the local community and always check that people have enjoyed their meal.

Definitely one to try!