We first stayed at Dannah Farm seven years ago and it was so good then that we promised to return. We have just arrived home after a short weekend break and can thoroughly recommend Dannah Farm as a place to stay, for a short break or as a base to stay for a longer holiday exploring the lovely Derbyshire countryside.
Everything about Dannah Farm has been so well thought out from the beatifully decorated bedrooms to the oh so cozy dining room. This is a working farm and all the food is fresh and perfectly prepared. At dinner there is no choice - you get what you are given but you will not be disappointed. Breakfast is just perfect - everything freshly prepared to order including a variety of toasts made from different home made bread.
Dannah Farm is not a luxury hotel but it feels like one and we were very sorry to leave. We met some guests from upstate New York who had found Dannah farm on the net and were staying for 3 nights before travelling North. They also thought it was perfect and agreed that it set the standard
for small country house hotels - and all at a very reasonable rate. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge high above the Ecclesbourne Valley on The Chatsworth Estates at Shottle, Dannah is the place to relax, unwind and re-charge the batteries. Small and intimate enough to offer a truly unique and personal experience, yet large enough to be professional and unobtrusive. Whether you are coming to Derbyshire to see the sights, visit relatives or to celebrate a romantic occasion, Dannah aims to give you an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Dannah Farm Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dannah Farm Country House Hotel Shottle
- Dannah Farm Country House Shottle, Derbyshire