I decided to book Dannah farm, the Grand Canary room for my 1st year anniversary. No doubt this was the best place to be in to spend with my beloved wife. We arrived just slightly early than scheduled time. We drove past private roads and got to the entrance of the farm. There was many parking space available and we were happily greeted and told to come in the reception area. The lady owner was extremely helpful and welcoming, we waited in the dry cosy and well decorated sitting area. Shortly after we were told our room was ready, we didn't want to get too excited after seeing the sitting room.
As we were directed to the room, we were literally lost for words, it was like a room just as u would dream of. The farm had dogs and cats running around in the court yard. There was a massive fish tank that which was uniquely designed made of bricks.
The room was split Into two floors. The top floor had the master bed with an en-suite with two single sofa chairs. The room was very spacious and carpeted with a Tv in the room. The en-suite had the toilet and a power shower and also a spa bath. The downstairs had another bathroom which comprised of a round bath tub, a standard shower and toilet. Downstairs was also carpeted and very spacious with a nice sitting area. It also had a tv with for sofa chair, sofas, blue ray and DVD player. The garden was downstairs with high fences for privacy. It had a patio set with the hot tub with roof over. There were lovely lamps surrounding it. Parking was availed round the back next to the suite.
Breakfast was amazing, a variety, freshly cooked at our choi e. Very quite at night and acres of land. The only downfall about the room was that my wife suffered from itchiness for a good month which she claimed were from the sheets, however I was completely fine. There were a wide variety of DVDs available to me from the sitting area. There are pubs and shops near bye for food for lunch and dinner. Would give 5 star and defo will go again very soon!! (Hopefully on my second anniversary).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge high above the Ecclesbourne Valley on The Chatsworth Estates at Shottle, Dannah is the place to relax, unwind and re-charge the batteries. Small and intimate enough to offer a truly unique and personal experience, yet large enough to be professional and unobtrusive. Whether you are coming to Derbyshire to see the sights, visit relatives or to celebrate a romantic occasion, Dannah aims to give you an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Dannah Farm Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dannah Farm Country House Hotel Shottle
- Dannah Farm Country House Shottle, Derbyshire