“Faultless” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dannah Farm Country House
Ranked #1 of 1 Shottle B&B and Inns
“Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Amazing experience from start to finish. Stayed in the Eccles room. My boyfriend and I were blown away by everything.

Stunning, quirky bedroom with massive comfy bed, cosy sofa and good tv, DVD and iPod dock as well as a breathtaking view. Lovely changing room with cool decor, big wardrobe, great dressing table and comfy seat. Bathroom wow!!! Giant shower with bodyjets, massive jacuzzi bath (proper jacuzzi with full power jets) and lovely sauna for two.

Booked the overnight indulgence package so we had bubbly on arrival, a huge supper platter with home made bread which was delicious and an amazing breakfast!

Staff were adorable and really helpful.

This package was very good value for the standard of the room and the extras which were included.

We will definitely return!!

Thank you for a great stay Dannah Farm

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a beautiful suite with a Kingsize bed, a sitting and changing area with our own private sauna( for 2) spa bath ( for 2) and a large shower area with jets. The views were stunning, very relaxing and quiet and radiators lovely and warm all day. The farmhouse breakfast was excellent . If you want anything different you just need to ask and they will do it. The bacon was delicious best I have tasted! And I loved the brown sauce! We really enjoyed our stay there and would recommend it. ( I already have) !
We managed to get a good deal on a last minute booking.

• Stayed October 2012
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and I paid the high price for it because I wanted somewhere really special and luxurious in the middle of the countryside. This seemed to fit the bill and the reviews on here were great so I booked it.

When we arrived we hadn't realised they needed 24hrs for a platter and we were quite tired and didn't fancy going out but with the owner needing to go out I felt like I was putting them out a bit so we opted not to bother (good job once we saw how much they were) but they did bring us fresh coffee (which was really good) and some warm homemade cakes so we ate those as we sat down and read the rule book (which was a downside - fees and rules to stop you bringing your own wine) then headed out for dinner at a nearby pub in Shottle which was really nice.

The room was very nice, we had the Red Room and it was very romantic. The bath and shower were amazing and the bed really comfortable. We had an ipod docking digital radio and a coffee machine with cartidges and it was really nice.

The breakfast was gorgeous, homemade bread and more food than you could manage but great if you're wanting to go out for a long walk. The honesty boxes for the drinks around the farm were a nice touch and it was nice to be left to it.

Downsides however were that for the amount we paid we would've expected that anything we wanted would be fine - for example wanting to bring your own drinks or staying in your room all day. On our first morning we felt a bit hussled out so they could clean the room and we were on edge as we sneaked some of our wedding champagne in case they found out and charged us the fees shown in the rule book. I had mentioned in the email when I booked that it was our honeymoon and I wanted it to be special - knowing that some people on here had been given complimentary wine but we were not given that.

Overall I think if it charged accordingly we would definitely go back as if you pay for what you are getting you are not disappointed, we just expected 5 star and that isn't quite what we got.

(also if you make a trip out for food avoid the chinese restaurant in Belper! floaty bits in the water I'll say no more!)

Room Tip: We had the red room which is great for a romantic break
1 Thank MrsHJD
Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

The farm house looks nothing from the outside but the rooms are very homely, money has been spent on the bathrooms and fittings , but if you pay nearly £200.00 a night you need the ambience to justify this price.The breakfast as you would expect is excellent but i am afraid that we will not visit again.

1 Thank davidbhunt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice remote working farm. Accomodation acceptable, but that is the point its too expensive. A boutique hotel it is not yet the price suggests it is. May use again as accomodation in this remote area is limited.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Greatwood1
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I booked The Granary as a belated wedding anniversary gift for my husband. We arrived slightly early and found a warm welcome, our room wasn't ready but we were offered the opportunity to relax in the nicely laid out sitting rooms. We explained we were hungry and instantly were given some recommendations for food.
After taking up one of these recommendations we returned, to another warm welcome and were shown to our room. Actually, "room" isn't correct - suite would be a better word. We opened the door on to a beautiful attic bedroom with an amazing en suite bathroom which contained a wet-room style shower and a computerised spa bath.
A flight of stairs leads downstairs to a large sitting room, with plenty of places to sit, including a futon and a chaise longue. Stable doors then opened up on to a lovely little private terrace with a private hot tub.
While we were marvelling at the splendour of this, we were presented with a pot of tea and warm scones - what a lovely treat.
Luckily(!), I'd managed to pick the worst week weather-wise to go walking in Derbyshire...which meant we could really enjoy the facilities at Dannah Farm. The size of The Granary meant that we could just kick back and relax, loving the hot tub and grateful that bath robes were supplied.
We slept amazingly well - the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet (I'd half-feared being woken by farm noises at the crack of dawn!).
Breakfast was served in the dining room and was pretty amazing. A selection of cereals and yoghurts is laid out, but we didn't really touch these as we didn't want to spoil the main event! Decent portions of toast act as a "starter" with a selection of jams and honeys - and there's always the offer of more toast. As a main, the cooked breakfast was amazing. Sausage, bacon, black pudding, tomato, muchrooms and fried bread cooked perfectly. Tasty but not greasy. Having the breakfast meant we really didn't need lunch!
The room wasn't cheap at £275 a night- however the quality of the facilities really do merit the price tag - and booking for two nights, I got the third night free which made it better value.
Everyone was incredibly friendly - even Sally the Kune Kune pig eventually put in an appearance for us! As a base for exploring Derbyshire and being able to relax afterwards in a home-from-home, there was no beating Dannah Farm.

Top Tip: Using the postcode in your sat nav takes you to Palace Lane which is a couple of roads over from where you need to be. Use road name instead!

huddersfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

hi i stayed in the red room 12th september 2012 for 2 nights and 1 day in spa cabin for my 1 year wedding anniversary. on my arrival i was greeted by a young lady and oldish man i was shown to my room by the lady who refused to carry my bags up the stairs with me being 4 months pregnant and carrying my 5 month old son in my arms i was not able to my husband was on hand to juggle all our belongings....
as i open door to the red room its look amazing stunning bed i felt like i was in heaven going into the bathroom it was alson stunning apart from cobwebs on right hand side to toilet and also broken tiles on wall with cerment filing it at the price of the room i would not exspect this!! it was alson brought to my attention that the bed frame was VERY!! dusty once again for the privce of the room this is not good.
dannah farm did provide a cot for my 5 month old son witch i had to assemble myself ... during the night i got upto check on my son he was very cold his hands and face tryed to put heating on radiators not warming up so i did use air con on heat but was very noisey so did not have much sleep that night then i was awoken 8am ish to barking dogs witch i later saw locked in the back of a van outside kitchen didnt not get to have breakfast this morning as lack of sleep due to air con and dogs !! second morning i was awoke by dogs again and cleaners cleaning oposite room did not get to have breakfast again.
a women called my room to annouce spa cabin was avalible wen i was ready great was really looking forward to a nice relax ... my husband went to pray so i was left to pack belongings up and get my son washed and fed i was not able to wash my 5 month old wen he had woke up as there was no longer any hot water in my room i did telephone reception i was told check out was 11.30 i was not checking out just moving room as i was not aware of this time to depart from room as i would have before my husband left to go and pray the lady did say she would put boiler on and was not sure how long it would take to heat up i was confused by this did they have separate boilers for each room hmmmm! confusing i was asked to leave room as they need to clean for next person witch was not a problem i said i would go as soon as my husband arrived as i was not able to move luggage on my own with my son and being 4month pregnant nobody offered me any help to mo9ve rooms i was just informed to put luggage out side of room and take me and myself to cabin and wait for my husband to arrive. entering itno cabin WOW it was stunning outside hot tub steam shower sauna i was happy at this point husband arrived and we enjoyed the day well.... tryed to hot tub was brilliant no complaints relaxing romantic sauna fab too! getting to the shower/steam .. shower was cold while body jets were on foot massage didnt work and alson i was not provided with anywere for my son to nap.
mr&mrs shakoor

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anniyah S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shottle
The Lion Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Dannah Farm Country House? Share your experiences!