I was very much looking forward to the good old country hospitality promised by this five star farmhouse luxury B&B. Alas – did not meet the owners at all, not even sure who they were – or where. This place felt very much like it was being run to fleece the travellers. There was a hefty rule book in the over-decorated and cramped living room of our “cottage” to make certain that we understood our place as guests well and truly.
I could go on and on about the sub-standard conditions of this place but the more important question is – how on earth can this fusty, crowded and unfriendly place call itself “five-star” – BEWARE – all is not as it seems. If you can find somewhere else to stay in the lovely Peak District – do so! Final word of warning – do not try and ask for anything out of the ordinary as it causes a terrible fuss.
Sorry, Dannah Farm, perhaps you are better dealing with livestock. All the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge high above the Ecclesbourne Valley on The Chatsworth Estates at Shottle, Dannah is the place to relax, unwind and re-charge the batteries. Small and intimate enough to offer a truly unique and personal experience, yet large enough to be professional and unobtrusive. Whether you are coming to Derbyshire to see the sights, visit relatives or to celebrate a romantic occasion, Dannah aims to give you an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your Dannah Farm Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dannah Farm Country House Hotel Shottle
- Dannah Farm Country House Shottle, Derbyshire