“Beautiful wedding venue”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne
Melbourne View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Melbourne
“Beautiful wedding venue”
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Our wedding was a couple of weeks ago at the Melbourne view hotel and we honestly had the time of our life's. We booked our wedding at the Melbourne view hotel about 16 month ago as me and my husband fell in love with the quirkiness of the hotel, the views and how down to earth Sally the owner is. We saw lots of wedding venues and hated how all they cared about was getting as much money from you and not what you want your big day to be like. We went to see Sally and she was great, it was all about making it perfect for us. The hotel has recently been extended and it's absolutely stunning, so anyone wanting a venue for there wedding I suggest to pay Sally a visit. :). Thanks to Sally and her staff for making our wedding day one to remember x

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank TinaRPage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Derby
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I attended a 21st Birthday Party at The Melbourne View Hotel recently, and had a really good time, it truly was a fantastic party. All my friends agree what a good venue it is and what a good night we had.
I live locally and always drive past the hotel but have never actually visited or stay there so was looking forward to checking it out... And i was not disappointed. The food was amazing, tasted just as good as it looked. Drinks prices are competitive and their drinks selection is extensive. I happened to know the birthday girl had told the manager (Sally) that we loved shots, so apparently she ordered more in - amazing!
The Hotel has been extended quite a lot over the last few years and is much bigger than I imagined, there is plenty of space to dance and the grounds are beautiful.
All of the staff were helpful and friendly and although the bar is small they kept up with our drinking and we never had to wait too long to be served.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beth_C90
Derby, UK
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Melbourne View Hotel is just outside Melbourne, Derbys. and is directly under a flight path of East Mids. Airport. My wife and I stayed for one night for our daughter's wedding but I wish we had returned to our home in Derby instead. At first everything went off OK though I believe the bride was having problems because there was no full size mirror around. After the ceremony everybody moved into the bar lounge and its large annex and eventually got around to the buffet.
For myself I am not a fussy eater - the armed forces sorted that out and I was looking forward to a nice if small nosh-up. When I saw the roast beef I could not believe how inedible it looked with fat and gristle, same with the gammon, the meat was dark as if it had been left uncovered for a time with a wedge of fat running through it as well. The little bit of both meats that I tasted put me right off and I left it.

The evening progressed and eventually some of the guests drifted off home but ten hotel rooms were occupied so plenty of people were still in the bar and annex area. Then while people were still chatting and dancing to disco music the owner started stripping chair covers (paid for) and packing the chairs away. Then the tables disappeared leaving the annex devoid of furniture, the next thing bucket and mops appeared and two women started mopping the floor with the disco still going at full blast! When the stench of bleach wafted over to the bar it put a damper on what enjoyment we had been having - we couldn't believe this was happening. To me it was a clear signal for us to leave. 'Last orders' was not called - the bar just shut then we were asked to leave the bar and if we wanted to party on we could do it very quietly in our rooms. And no we were not a drunken rabble, shouting or being obnoxious we were the middle aged to elderly section with just a few young ones who were well behaved! When I called it a day around 00.30 and went to bed I pulled off the bedspread but there was no sheet or duvet so I had to use the bedspread as a cover. I could have made a song and dance about it at the time but the atmosphere had seemed a bit frosty downstairs so I left it. After breakfast we couldn't wait to get away.

At no time during the wedding day had we been approached to see if everything was OK or was there anything else, had we enjoyed the food etc. When I learned of the total cost I was apalled because no way was it value for money. Certainly I could not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank RAFpolizei
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Out in the sticks, but convenient for east mods airport. It was just ok but thought would have been better for the money.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank Philipmason
taggieDoningtonPark, Manager at Melbourne View Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your experience during your stay with us.

We are sorry that you felt that you did not receive value for money during your stay with us. Unfortunately we cannot do anything about the location of the hotel, however by offering a free shuttle service and free secure parking for those who stay with us, we try to add value to your experience by saving you fees on taxis and airport parking. We even offer a packed lunch/breakfast for those flying at unsociable hours.

We hope that we can enjoy your custom if you use East Midlands airport again in the future.

Once again we would like to thank you for your feedback as we strive to improve our hotel.

The Melbourne View
Lundin Links, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I've stayed at the Melbourne View Hotel 4 times in the last 2 years as I come to the area for training courses. Every stay has been fabulous and I've recommended the hotel to all my colleagues who now also stay here when they are in the area. To a man (and one woman) they love the place.
I travel extensively in the UK and this hotel is one of my favourites because Sally and her staff take a personal interest in making your stay as perfect as possible. Rooms are great, food is superb, prices are very reasonable and the location is stunning.
I don't leave reviews very often although I always look at them before booking somewhere to stay. I was motivated to leave this as I booked online on the hotel web site and noticed a review that slated the staff saying they had “a veneer of pleasantness”, and was simply appalled as the comments simply don’t ring true and are frankly insulting to Sally and her team.
I will be staying here in February and again in August and look forward to the experience immensely.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alantomkins
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had our wedding on the 8th October at the Melbourne View Hotel and in a nut shell, Sally and her venue exceeded all our expectations, providing us with the most fantastic memorable day.

We cannot thank Sally enough for her efforts; she continuously helped us over the last 11 months with much of the organising to make the day run so smoothly. Sally works so hard and excelled in giving us exactly what we wanted, providing us with different options for all aspects of the day with nothing ever too much trouble. On the day all her staff did a fantastic job, including Sally’s daughter and son who provide great support for the weddings.

We have nothing but praise for the venue, from the ceremony room, marquee, hotel rooms, gardens/views and food all in all offering superb value for money.

We must say how excellent the food and service we received for both our sit down and evening buffet. The quality of food was exceptional and all the food was served efficiently to all the tables and more importantly piping hot. The majority of our guests kindly commented on how delicious the food was and the more than generous portions that were served up.

In summary we would highly recommend the Melbourne View Hotel as a wedding venue with Sally’s knowledge and experience the real asset. We cannot thank Sally and the Melbourne View Hotel enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Gavin C
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We enjoyed a fantastic wedding for our daughter last Friday. The venue and countryside around is beautiful. The purpose built ceremony room is separate to the main hotel and is tastefully decorated and was ideal for our smaller wedding. The main hotel is well laid out and has great views across the fields to Breedon on the Hill. The food was excellent and very good value. Sally and her team made us all so welcome and could not do enough to help make everything just as we wanted. Her DJ recomendation was also just right. The rooms were good with well fitted en-suite and plenty on the courtesy tray.
We would thoroughly recomend the Melbourne View Hotel. P&R

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank PRDERBY
taggieDoningtonPark, Manager at Melbourne View Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your experience during your stay with us.

We are really pleased you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed having you with us!

The Melbourne View
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne
Harpur's of Melbourne
#7 of 7 in Castle Donington
Days Inn Donington A50
Days Inn Donington A50
#1 of 1 in Shardlow

Been to Melbourne View Hotel? Share your experiences!