“Not what we expected at all - but in a good way!”
Review of Mileburne Restaurant - CLOSED

Mileburne Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Mileburne Restaurant, we invite our guests to come and enjoy a relaxed dining experience, full of wit, enjoyment and substance. Opened in 2008, Mileburne Restaurant is located in a Grade II listed Georgian building, nestled in the heart of the beautiful village of Melbourne. With only five tables, Mileburne offers great food, great service, and an ever changing menu reflecting seasonal produce.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We arrived at the restaurant and were surprised by what we found. Such a small dining area but still felt like private dining. Food was great and a great cut of meat! The only critisism I would say is have a few more menu choices. Three just wasn't enough, I know its a small place but I think 5 choices would have covered it. Apart from that, very nice and a unique place to eat!!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had heard good reviews about the Mileburne so booked in for a taster evening. We were not disappointed. Lovely staff, very friendly and sociable. The food was beautifully presented and it was really exciting to see what was going to come out on your plate for each course. Meal was £35 per head which I thought was a reasonable price for what was served. By the end of the meal neither myself or my husband could have eaten another thing. Wine very good. I liked the intimacy of the place and will definitely be returning. We met the chef after the meal just to tell him how much we had enjoyed his food - nice guy! We'll be back for more of the same please!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I had lunch on 01/09/12 for our wedding anniversary. We were met and shown to our table. I had read on the website that this is not a vegetarian Resturant so rang ahead to tell them. We were then presented with our own veggi menu!

We had for starters a peach, beer root and frozen goats cheese salad which was delicious!

For main we had sweet corn fritters, celery, tiny mushrooms and a sauce which I am not sure what it was but we were both scraping the remains of it off the plate!

For pudding my husband had a chocolate melting pudding and peanut ice cream and I had a white chocolate moose with pink candy flos, both yummy!

Some people have moaned the portions are too small but for us with the 3 courses it was just right, we were not over stuffed.

Best meal ever I think and cannot wait to go back

Reviewed August 24, 2012

A delightful experience. We went for a champagne breakfast and it was superb. I've enjoyed a few champagne breakfasts and the Mileburne beats the rest. The service was miles better than the 'other' Melbourne venue. We received a very warm welcome from the start. The menu was many little courses, all exceptionally tasty and superbly proportioned. I would highly recommend and will definitely return.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Champagne breakfast was relaxing and in no way stuffy with waitress professional but ha a sense of humour! Good tasting breakfast and will be returning. It is small by you know that before you get there so just part of the experience

1  Thank Ben6162