“Very nice”
Review of The Coffee House Kegworth - CLOSED

The Coffee House Kegworth
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: LJ's Kegworth (formerly The Coffee House) was taken over by the original chefs and has evolved into a cosy and chic cafe-bistro-bar where you can relax with friends and also order to take-away during the day. We have a lovely new courtyard and the rear and seating out front. Our Afternoon Teas and champagne breakfasts also come highly recommended (pre-book only). On Saturday evenings our new bistro menu delights. There is a car park at the rear, we are set in the heart of Kegworth Village just off the M1 Motorway (Junction 24) on the Main A6 towards Loughborough we are easy to reach. We look forward to welcoming you, Jay and Luke, Owners
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Tea shops can be a bit hit and miss but because of the good reviews I decided to give it a go.

We were greeted warmly. Service was quick and the food was excellent. The quiche was delicious, made with proper cheese, and the home made coleslaw was very good.

The owner must really care about quality because every dish was first class.

The prices are very reasonable.

I would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A very nice afternoon tea, not the views of Beaumanor Hall (but not the price either!)but you can go there as a benchmarking visit if you like. Nice crockery, very nice sandwiches, lovely cream scones and two big portions of cake (per couple). A very nice tea shop which deserves to be successful in the difficult times for business start-ups.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Thanks for making a rainy cold day, into a friendly lunch time treat. The food was fresh and made to order, well worth waiting a couple of minues for. The little touches, such as china cups and side salads made it seem more special, but without the added costs. I just wish I had been able to manage one of the fresh cakes as well!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'd read good things about The Coffee House. Really good things. I couldn't believe that Derby's #1 ranked restaurant was actually right here on my doorstep in Kegworth. I was looking forward to the coleslaw. I was looking forward to Sue's friendly greeting. I was looking forward to saying that it wasn't just a good restaurant if you were on the way to East Midlands Airport, but a good restaurant in its own right.

However, I'm sorry to say I don't think it deserves its #1 ranking at all. There was no friendly greeting. It took 50 minutes to bring quiche and salad, about 20 minutes after I'd reminded them about it. Yes, the coleslaw was good, but by then I'd had enough.

I'd also like to point out that Kegworth isn't in Derby, it's in Derbyshire.

1  Thank William499587
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We found this coffee shop on the Internet & after checking Trip Advisor decided to give it a try. We weren't disappointed! Delicious homemade food and a warm welcome!