“Overnight Stay before flight EMA”

Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Doncaster
“Overnight Stay before flight EMA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel was easy to find and the staff were vey helpful and welcoming. Its in a small village just before the airport roundabout off the main road.

There did not seem to be any other guests so we had the bar and massive plasma TV to our selves.

The room was very quiet with no road noise. Beds were very comfortabe. It was only £55 for the night for two including breakfast. We stayed the night before our early to flight at EMA. There was free WIFI for your devices that connected easily.

Staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly.

Areas for improvement: The room was dusty and just needed to be refreshed.

The shower head was hanging off the riser rail and had been fixed on with gaffer tape

The evening meal was nice but the breakfast was overcooked.

The ingriedients were all good quality but the fried bread and hash browns were greasey and the sausages and bacon seemed to have been kept warm or microwaved and reheated as they were a bit tough and dry. I thought as it was quiet it would have been cooked fresh to order?

Other than that it was good value for money ideal for an overnight before your flight. I didnt get to use the Spa, Pool or Gym but they looked ok.

Room Tip: We had a large ground floor room that would have suited a disabled person big wide doors and lots of...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and found it to be acceptable.
The room was spacious and clean, which is what I would expect from any hotel ...... And I stay In as many as 3 in any week.
Bar food was fine and reasonably priced.
Make sure you are given the barrier code before checking out, as can be annoying when getting to the exit and having to go back for it.
Be aware that planes are coming over early on the morning, which kept me awake !!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Beckingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed here a few times now using it as a stopover and parking when going abroad. If you look at my previous reviews I have praised this place both for room standards and for value for money. Sadly it seems to be on the decline.

Its still good value for money but is now looking tired, not being cleaned to the same standards and really not that great. For example there was black mould all round the bath, how hard is it for the cleaner to use a bit of bleach and and a nail brush ! The room didn't have a chain on the door which didn't really please my wife very much and this was the second room we were given, the first didn't have heating that worked and I strongly suspect they knew because when I went back to reception they didnt seem surprised.

On the plus side the breakfast was really good and the waitress couldnt have been nicer.

Its a shame its gone downhill as I really liked staying here. Its not easy keeping up a place of this size but keeping it clean and doing some basic maintenance shouldn't be that hard. There were enough staff around and the hotel had very few guests the night we stayed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

On the 25.1.14 my husband and I stayed at this hotel because we were attending a 50th birthday party nearby. We bought the accommodation through Travel Republic and paid £40.00 for a double room with breakfast. The car park is very spacious with the added benefit of a security barrier. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor (207) it was large and spacious. This room looked like it was either part of a new build or it had been renovated, either way it was very well presented. The hotel has a leisure centre which has a small swimming pool (hotel policy states max 16 people) with a Jacuzzi, a sauna and gym. There is free Wi Fi for guests. The breakfast was very good. The only downside to our stay was that we were woken very early by the noise from other guests who were presumably catching an early flight somewhere (East Midlands airport is nearby). Would we return? Yes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ruth P
Matt P, Manager at Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here and we look forwards to welcoming you back.
Westbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I checked into my room and left to go to dinner with colleagues, only to return adn walk in on a young lady preparing for bed. "I wonder how that happened sir" was the response. I should not in a well-run establishment, particularly as this room had no security chain. Having moved rooms, I now have one where people over 5' tall have to watch their head when using the shower before descending to a tepid breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the eaves if your average height or above.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

On arriving at the hotel, I was pleasantly surprised considering the price we had paid. There was plenty of parking, the reception area was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. My colleague and I were shown to our room which was perfectly adequate for an overnight business stay. We went down to the bar for a meal and again the staff were friendly and helpful. We ate in the bar off the restaurant menu - the prices were very reasonable and my chicken was tasty.

It all went terribly wrong when we went back to our room. As we turned off the light, we became aware of a loud, whirring noise and, after looking out of the window, we realised that we were in a room directly above a bank of generators. This noise went on all night - fine if it had been a constant noise but it kept stopping and starting so it was impossible to ignore it. Fortunately, I always carry ear plugs however my colleague was not so lucky.

In the morning, the breakfast was fine with enough choice and the staff in the restaurant were friendly and attentive.

When I checked out, it was a totally different story, the 3 people behind the reception desk could hardly be bothered to say hello, even after a cheery good morning from me; one of them did not look up from a computer screen the whole time I was at the desk.

I asked if the hotel had been fully booked the previous evening and when asked why I wanted to know, explained that we had been put in a room directly above the generators and, as a result, had a terrible night's sleep. I was told that the hotel had not been fully booked and, if we had asked, we would have been moved. Now, since we were ready for bed when we became aware of the generator, this would have caused too much upheaval.

The member of reception staff then asked if I stayed in the area a lot and, when I said that we had started doing a lot of business in the area and as a result were sourcing hotels and conference rooms to use on a regular basis, was told that I could be shown a selection of better rooms since "the room you stayed in last night is one of our worse" .... Speechless does not come close!! Why on earth would you put someone in this room if you had others available?

Needless to say, the last impression of this hotel is our lasting one. It's doubtful we would use it again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 224 - the generator stays on all night and it is impossible to sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Northern Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is really old and tired, the bathroom was horrible with big black marks on the tiles. There were stains on the wallpaper. There was a annual dinner for a dog club on the same night we stayed and there was constant barking from the rooms. The walls are paper thin so the noise was dreadful. There is a pool so the whole place smells like the local swimming baths, there is nothing that would entice me to stay again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Link Hotel
The Link Hotel
#2 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!