“Satisfactory”

Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately on entering my room there was a distinct damp smell, once I had opened my window for a while the smell lessened but not the best first impression. Overall the room was fine: Bed was comfortable and the room was relatively clean, however there were a couple of hairs on the bathroom floor which I don't think were mine. I was on the second floor and found the temperature too warm, especially when I was trying to sleep- flinging the duvet on and off all night as a result (it only reached about 20 degrees in the day so not exactly a scorcher!). The hotel is very close to the A6, the road noise did not bother me but might bother a light sleeper. The price was very reasonable however so considering the cost and nice staff I would consider returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am glad to say I've stayed at the hotel a couple of days a week for the last month with working away . While its not the newest hotel the room I was booked in was large spacious and comfortable the food in the restraunt is good quality and the staff are great the room was cleaned everyday and the staff could not be more helpful like I said if you want 5star pay Hilton prices if you want a nice clean hotel with good staff and nice food I recommend a stay here

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We needed a hotel close to East Midlands Airport and this one was spot on = especially if you know the short cut. The room was clean and modern. The bar area pleasant, but the hotel is also walking distance to the town centre.

Room Tip: we had a downstairs room and could here the people above moving around when they got up - so try for...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nothing to complain about during my overnight stay. we arrived early but our room was ready. The room was small but clean, the bed was comfy, the staff were great, breakfast was buffet style and very tasty. It might not be luxurious but this is the best value hotel I have stayed in for a long time

Room Tip: Some have said the hotel is noisy, the rooms at the back aren't!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we were travelling via East Midlands airport and we needed a place to stay overnight. The taxi to and from the hotel is 10 pounds each way, 8/10 minutes driving and you can book It directly at the arrival. We arrived quite late (around midnight) but we were welcomed at the reception by a very nice man, and in a few minutes we were already in our room. The room and the bathroom were big and spotless, and the bed very comfortable. The only negative point was the noise from the street (we were on the front side) and from a sort of engine that has been working all night: we could not understand what exactly was the origin of it, but it was quite annoying. It is a real pity because otherwise it would be a perfect airport hotel, also for the value.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed one night early May when we had an early flight from East Midlands. No problems at all, rooms clean and comfortable. Hotel matched a price we had off a comparison site for a two week Park & Stay package and included return taxi service to the airport, no messing around ringing on arrival back into the UK, just go to the 'Arrow' taxi office in the airport and taxi available within minutes. Very efficient service, both with the hotel and taxi. Yes, I agree Receptionist came over as 'a little brusque' - but when we arrived she was covering Reception and the Bar, no wonder she was a little 'harrassed'. We would certainly stay again, it was so convenient.

Note: as you come up to the hotel, bear right at the junction for the entrance to the car park - wasn't too obvious, we went straight ahead and had to turn around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Enjoyed the afternoon in the pool, jacuzzi and sauna ahead of a family wedding party. With many of the family present we really made the best of the hotel facilites. The pool is only a small one which was not a problem and the children most certainly enjoyed it. Chaging room lockers need to attn.
The arrangement went well and all in all a very satisfactory stay with good secure parking. v good b/fast.
Wi-fi a little flakey and I was awoken about 7:30 by loud voices and a beat. After a while of wondering if there was an argument next door & someone had then put music on I realised that we were over the gym and some early birds fittness fol were having a conversation and using the treadmill! so much for a lay-in! When we were checking out the recptionist ask if all was OK with our stay and I mentioned the above to which she didn't even respond. Never mind but dont' stop in room 123 or numbers next to it!.

Room Tip: Avoid room 123 and those adjoining it as they are over the gym!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Travelodge Loughborough Central
Travelodge Loughborough Central
#5 of 12 in Loughborough
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!