“Not what it says on the tin?”

Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Ingatestone
“Not what it says on the tin?”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

On hotel website says that this is 'as good as it gets' .... Big fail !
It's as average as it gets... Old style bathrooms with showers linked to taps leaking water over floor... Very expensive food £15 for an average burger... So advice locally? For style and puff use the Radisson at the airport... For reliable average stuff use the holiday inn express and save some money... This place is ok but I've 'had' to stay for 7 nights... I won't be rushing back if I can help it, sorry

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear RobFuller

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read we were not a hotel that met your satisfactions or needs.

We would obviously like to meet your needs so please feel to let us know how we can do this to help make improvements.

Chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co,uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Catterick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight with park and fly and just have to say what an excellent stay we had. There was plenty of spaces to park and the receptionist went through everything with us and booked our transfer for the next morning.

During the night I required the help of the two overnight staff who could not have been more helpful. A special thank you to Matt and Ian, they will understand why.

We didn't eat here so I cannot comment on this side of things but the rooms were clean and very comfortable and had everything you need for an overnight stay.

The transfers to and from the airport were excellent, a simple phone call when we arrived back and we were collected within ten mins. In fact we landed at 7.20 and were driving up the A1 home by 8. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be using it again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear JeanS1074

Thank your for your great review after your recent stay.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our transfer service excellent.

I have passed on your thanks to both Ian and Matt and I am pleased they were helpful for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

From telephoning the hotel a few weeks ago to checking out this morning we have been really impressed with the friendly and efficient service we received.
We had a warm welcome on arrival and were delighted with our comfortable, and well appointed room.
The bar food was extremely good and, we felt, value for money. They also served an excellent glass of Merlot!
Breakfast was self service from the buffet table with members of staff on hand to take your tea or coffee order and bring it to your table. The hot food was well cooked and plentiful. There were a variety of breads and croissants to choose from as well as cereal, fruit and yoghurt.
The hotel is very near the East Midlands Airport and the M1 and you are aware of both, but we didn't find it particularly intrusive even with the bedroom window open all the time.
All the staff, without exception, were friendly, helpful and efficient. Everyone greeted you with a cheerful 'Hello' or 'Good morning' and a smile which reached the eyes! We also like the very evident camaraderie between the staff. It is a hotel with a warm and friendly atmosphere and one we would be very happy to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Elizabeth S

Thank your for your very detailed review.

I am pleased that you found the hotel a very happy place be, along with being impressed with the service the team delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife & I stayed here one night as part of "park & fly" package,(we also took advantage of an evening meal offer) On arrival we parked our car opposite the main entrance & proceeded to reception and booked in. The room was first class,very clean & well appointed, the evening meal was excellent, a good choice of food cooked to perfection and generous portions.All the staff were both friendly and efficient.We were taxied to & from the nearby airport and on return from our holiday our car was parked where we had left it,all in all this was an excellent start to our most enjoyable holiday.Many thanks to all concerned. Keith & Helen Johnson.

Room Tip: We were in room 336,very clean & quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Sundown197

Thank you for your review after your park and fly.

We are glad that we were the excellent start to your holiday after staying with us night prior and dinning in our restaurant.

I am pleased that the whole package and service was excellent and I will pass your thanks on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very good hotel. Stayed 2 nights for work training event on a Wednesday and Thursday evening. Conference facilities and service very efficient. Staff service in the bar/restaurant was excellent. Special mention to Mustafa and his team for great service at both lunch and dinner. Bar staff and night bar man very friendly with great service. Rooms not bad. Very clean, beds comfortable but tv odd. Complicated method to actually turn it on and then it didn't work - I was not alone here as others from work experienced similar problems. I didnt use the spa facilities or the pool - but those from work that did stated it was good. Check out was efficient. Massive car park which is a bonus. Very close to M1 which was handy when returning home. I also managed to leave a shirt in my room when I realised I rang the hotel, spoke to Housekeeping who promised me they would check for it and get back to me which they did 5 mins later and posted it back to me trusting me to send the postage back to them. Great service again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eamonn77

Thank you for your review after your great experience.

I am pleased you found the conference team and facilities efficient and the Food and Beverage areas the same. I will pass your thanks on to Mustafa and his team for you.

I am glad to read that your shirt arrived with you and that the team followed procedure ensuring you forgotten item was returned efficiently.

We hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently, my partner and I celebrated our anniversary at the Yew Lodge Hotel in Kegworth, near Nottingham. I can honestly say that it is one of the most delightful places I have ever spent time in.

The hotel itself was gorgeous, decorated in warm hues and exuding a general feeling of softness and comfort. The room was lovely; it was modern and spacious without being uncomfortably minimalist. We also had free access to freeview TV and Wifi, which meant that my partner could browse Netflix. This made him very happy.

The food was nothing short of amazing and the staff were all incredibly friendly and efficient, especially Paul and Sam in the restaurant. The spa was lovely and the treatments were absolutely fantastic. The treatment I had was given by Marie and she was wonderful. My back feels better than it has in a long time.

We had a truly marvellous time and have already booked a stay there for next year!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear megan P

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review.
We are so pleased you found the anniversary stay one of the most delightful places you have spent time in.

I will make sure your thanks goes to the team especially Paul & Sam from the restaurant and Marie in the Spa.

Happy anniversary again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights in this 4 star hotel. Lots of airport parking guests and conference guests. All very friendly and the staff are helpful and friendly too. Pool is lovely. Food in the restaurant was a bit average and a little pricey . kegworth offers brilliant food at the red lion pub and Zhen Chinese in the village. Well worth walking down the road.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear nedsplace19

Thank you for your great review.
I am glad you enjoyed the pool and found all the staff friendly and helpful

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!