Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
London, United Kingdom
“Happy Hotel”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

From telephoning the hotel a few weeks ago to checking out this morning we have been really impressed with the friendly and efficient service we received.
We had a warm welcome on arrival and were delighted with our comfortable, and well appointed room.
The bar food was extremely good and, we felt, value for money. They also served an excellent glass of Merlot!
Breakfast was self service from the buffet table with members of staff on hand to take your tea or coffee order and bring it to your table. The hot food was well cooked and plentiful. There were a variety of breads and croissants to choose from as well as cereal, fruit and yoghurt.
The hotel is very near the East Midlands Airport and the M1 and you are aware of both, but we didn't find it particularly intrusive even with the bedroom window open all the time.
All the staff, without exception, were friendly, helpful and efficient. Everyone greeted you with a cheerful 'Hello' or 'Good morning' and a smile which reached the eyes! We also like the very evident camaraderie between the staff. It is a hotel with a warm and friendly atmosphere and one we would be very happy to return to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Elizabeth S

Thank your for your very detailed review.

I am pleased that you found the hotel a very happy place be, along with being impressed with the service the team delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co,uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife & I stayed here one night as part of "park & fly" package,(we also took advantage of an evening meal offer) On arrival we parked our car opposite the main entrance & proceeded to reception and booked in. The room was first class,very clean & well appointed, the evening meal was excellent, a good choice of food cooked to perfection and generous portions.All the staff were both friendly and efficient.We were taxied to & from the nearby airport and on return from our holiday our car was parked where we had left it,all in all this was an excellent start to our most enjoyable holiday.Many thanks to all concerned. Keith & Helen Johnson.

Room Tip: We were in room 336,very clean & quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Sundown197

Thank you for your review after your park and fly.

We are glad that we were the excellent start to your holiday after staying with us night prior and dinning in our restaurant.

I am pleased that the whole package and service was excellent and I will pass your thanks on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very good hotel. Stayed 2 nights for work training event on a Wednesday and Thursday evening. Conference facilities and service very efficient. Staff service in the bar/restaurant was excellent. Special mention to Mustafa and his team for great service at both lunch and dinner. Bar staff and night bar man very friendly with great service. Rooms not bad. Very clean, beds comfortable but tv odd. Complicated method to actually turn it on and then it didn't work - I was not alone here as others from work experienced similar problems. I didnt use the spa facilities or the pool - but those from work that did stated it was good. Check out was efficient. Massive car park which is a bonus. Very close to M1 which was handy when returning home. I also managed to leave a shirt in my room when I realised I rang the hotel, spoke to Housekeeping who promised me they would check for it and get back to me which they did 5 mins later and posted it back to me trusting me to send the postage back to them. Great service again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Eamonn77

Thank you for your review after your great experience.

I am pleased you found the conference team and facilities efficient and the Food and Beverage areas the same. I will pass your thanks on to Mustafa and his team for you.

I am glad to read that your shirt arrived with you and that the team followed procedure ensuring you forgotten item was returned efficiently.

We hope to see you again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently, my partner and I celebrated our anniversary at the Yew Lodge Hotel in Kegworth, near Nottingham. I can honestly say that it is one of the most delightful places I have ever spent time in.

The hotel itself was gorgeous, decorated in warm hues and exuding a general feeling of softness and comfort. The room was lovely; it was modern and spacious without being uncomfortably minimalist. We also had free access to freeview TV and Wifi, which meant that my partner could browse Netflix. This made him very happy.

The food was nothing short of amazing and the staff were all incredibly friendly and efficient, especially Paul and Sam in the restaurant. The spa was lovely and the treatments were absolutely fantastic. The treatment I had was given by Marie and she was wonderful. My back feels better than it has in a long time.

We had a truly marvellous time and have already booked a stay there for next year!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear megan P

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review.
We are so pleased you found the anniversary stay one of the most delightful places you have spent time in.

I will make sure your thanks goes to the team especially Paul & Sam from the restaurant and Marie in the Spa.

Happy anniversary again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights in this 4 star hotel. Lots of airport parking guests and conference guests. All very friendly and the staff are helpful and friendly too. Pool is lovely. Food in the restaurant was a bit average and a little pricey . kegworth offers brilliant food at the red lion pub and Zhen Chinese in the village. Well worth walking down the road.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear nedsplace19

Thank you for your great review.
I am glad you enjoyed the pool and found all the staff friendly and helpful

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Yew Lodge and we had a perfect day. The food was amazing and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and hardworking in making this our dream day. A big thank you to Dawn and Doug for all of their hard work from start to finish. The hotels wedding packages are so reasonably priced. We will definitely be returning for overnight stays and meals in the future.

Dear Lauren H

Thank you for your lovely review after your recent wedding reception with us. I am thrilled you had the perfect day.

I will pass your thanks on to the team in particular Dawn and Doug who both will be pleased there work was appreciated.

As you are our 500th review we would to also like to offer you a spa day for 2. Please contact me direct for details and to book this.

Once again thank you for your review and from the whole team at Yew Lodge we with you the very best in the future.

We look forward to seeing you again.

chris.trow@yewlodgehotel.co.uk
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We often stay here overnight when we have an early morning flight.
The food is good and they have a decent menu also the rooms are clean and comfortable.
The only down side is, if you leave your car there while you are on holiday they sometimes move it to the gravel car park across the road if they get busy. Why they don't let these cars park on there when they arrive instead of having to move your cars to there I don't know.
On one occasion we came back to find our new car had a slow puncture, ok we might have got that travelling to the hotel but we will never know having had the car removed to the other car park. This is the only thing that puts us off staying here, why can't they leave our cars where we parked them?

Room Tip: Try to avoid the studios
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Owner at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Catherine H

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am sorry to read you are not happy with our procedures of moving cars during busy periods. We only do this during the summer and guests can opt out of this. We never move any car without the permission of the owner. If in future you do not wish us to move your car, please keep hold of the keys and do not hand them to the reception desk.

I am glad you enjoy your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next early morning flight.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
Best Western Nottingham Derby

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!