“Better than expected and would use again.”

Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Visiting an elderly parent I didn't want to put her to the trouble of having house guests.
We found this hotel extremely clean and comfortable both in the public areas and our bedroom. A bit of a problem in that the T.V. volume was set very low so we struggled to hear however it did mean we didn't disturb or could be disturbed by anyone else. Not something we felt was worth a complaint but might be worth knowing if you have hearing difficulties.
Dressing gowns, in the rooms, seem to be provided as standard which was an added bonus when using the hotels pool, hot tub and sauna.The steam room was being refurbished but we made good use of the other facilities and it will be re open soon.
The breakfast/dining area was attractive, the food good and the staff attentive. I would have liked the option of ordering fish at breakfast even if I had to pay a little extra.
We asked for a quiet room which we got ,room 434, the window opened very wide and if this had been a family room could be really dangerous. I'd check windows in rooms if I was booking in with children.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Gail H

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We are so pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and that you made good use of the leisure facilities.
Again I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, we do offer kippers at breakfast on order only so I do apologise that you weren’t aware of that.
Once again thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Revenue Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter paid for afternoon tea for 4 of us on 21.9.13 as a mother's day treat. Whilst we were welcomed very pleasantly it was obvious that they were not aware of our booking and were not expecting us. There was a wedding party due shortly and all staff were, understandably, concentrating on this. We were shown to a table and given pots of tea, but had to prompt the arrival of anything to eat. Finger sandwiches, chocolate mouse, mille feuille (a bit soggy) and scones with jam and cream eventually arrived. Bizarrely we were served cheese scones - the only ones the hotel had we were told - with MARMALADE and cream. We did exchange the marmalade for jam - but CHEESE scones ?? The waitress was very sweet and apologetic, but I sort of got the feeling that we were served whatever was left in the fridge, with a bit of the wedding party chocolate mousse thrown in.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay M

Dear Kay M

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We did have your booking in the diary so I do apologise you were made to feel that we weren’t expecting you. I also apologise about the content and the service you were provided with on the day. I believe that our Head Chef has called you and offered a complimentary afternoon tea and I can assure you that you will receive the quality and service that we normally provide.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had a poor experience at a Best Western in Fort William and said I would never stay at one again. A friend booked a 2 night dinner B&B and afternoon tea break here and to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to it. I am very pleased to say that this experience was very good from start to finish. The food was very nice and the staff were courteous and helpful throughout. The room was spotless and the bed was superbly comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scott W
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Scott W

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
We are pleased that your experience was better than expected and that it was good throughout your whole stay.

I hope that we have changed your mind regarding Best Western Hotels and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for a course with work in October 2012. Rooms very clean, food was amazing!!! Even got time to use the swimming pool & sauna/Steam room facilities, all spot on with excellent friendly & helpfull staff. Of course, it does help that the company paid, but I would definateley stay here myself if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Deano02205

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass the comments regarding the food onto the Food and Beverage team.
Please visit our hotel website for information on offers to stay with us again.
We hope that you have chance to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

A large hotel, very busy, but still very friendly. The hotel has a large selection of function rooms, that are well used by the business community. Food execelent, but some more choice would have been welcome. The hotel says, you can park your car there and they will take you to east midlands airport. Problem with this is, their extensive car park is very full.

Room Tip: The function rooms are on the 1st floor. If you wat to avoid the noise, the 4th floor is a good esca...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andy P

Dear Andy P

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

We are pleased that you found the hotel to be friendly and we are pleased that the food was excellent; I have passed your comments regarding choices onto the Chef.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Our room was lovely and clean, the hotel was pleasant enough, the leisure facilities were really good and the food was better than I was expecting, the only thing that let it down was the service in the restaurant.....

It seems the normal restaurant was reserved for a wedding so a make shift restaurant was made in one of the conference rooms, what they failed to replicate and plan was the amount of tables they would need (even though they had a list of dinner reservations and the conference room was plenty large enough for more tables).

Guests were turned away and told to wait, then forgotten about, tables were re-set and then others were seated first. They wanted our desert choices straight away and then they took 45 mins to get to us. I asked for a very small amount of potato and vegatables for my 11 month old daughter to eat, i got a scoop of mash and some peas on a plate. When I came to check out the assistant restaurant manager decided it was worth nearly £6!!! The receptionist took it off immediately but I was quite shocked that such a tiny amount of mash and a few peas was charged at that amount for a baby! Overall the restaurant service was poor, some of the staff were unprofessional and it was all just thrown together. It let the food down which was well thought out and presented.
I would stay here again but I wouldn't have dinner unless it was in the proper restaurant and I got an early reservation! Other than that, a pleasant enough hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear LittleLegs1983
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

We are pleased that you found the room lovely and clean and the leisure facilities really good.
With regards to the restaurant I am pleased that you enjoyed the food but I do apologise about the service. We did have to relocate the restaurant as a one off occasion for the function in the main restaurant. However service should have been still at a high standard as usual.
I have passed these comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager for him to address with the team.

I am pleased to see that the reception team did credit you for the overcharge.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and I hope that you do choose to dine with us so that we can offer the high standard of service that we normally deliver on a daily basis.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

A labarythn of corridors and a huge variance in room quality makes this a questionable choice - but the chances are you're here for a conference or the airport so maybe this is the best option. Had to change rooms as walls were paper thin and room frankly shabby. Second room was nicer but still not what I would expect from what I think had 4 AA stars (do they mean something different?).

One elevator didn't go down to ground floor, the other tucked away in a corner. Even the TV was a challenge - there was a note in each room on how to simply turn it on - and reception / picture a little bad (cut out at times). Telephones didn't work, though apparently were being upgrade so this might be fixed. On the plus side I had a nice run along the canal in the morning,

It's not the worst hotel but it's neither charming nor "corporate good quality" so probably caters for people in need of somewhere near the airport. If this is you, get a good (low) price and you'll be ok.

Room Tip: Point out you'll complain and ask for another room if they give you a older / bad one perhaps?
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ben B

Dear Ben B
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
I apologise that you did not feel the hotel lived up to your expectations.
We apologise that the TV had a bad reception, we have asked the maintenance to look into this.
We had a new telephone system being installed into the hotel during your stay. Whilst this was happening disruptions did occur to the phones over the few days. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
We do cater for all kinds of visitors to the hotel and we do have a very good reputation for corporate and leisure guests, we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future and I hope we can offer a better experience for you if your return.

Revenue Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Best Western Nottingham Derby
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!