Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
$68
$59
Hilton East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Restaurant
$71
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn East Midlands Airport Hotel(Castle Donington)(Great Value!)
$62
$116
$69
$38
$36
Donington Manor Hotel(Castle Donington)
TripAdvisor
1,525 results
All reviewsyew lodgeeast midlands airportspa breakmarco pierrespa facilitiesan early flightmarco's restaurantflight pathsteam roomcourse meallovely hotelhealth clubexecutive roomboth morningsfollowing morningwaiting staffpark and fly
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in August while visiting friends in the area and though our experience was patchy, the hotel worked well as a local base. The staff were generally very helpful, especially on reception although the bar service (Friday lunchtime) was slow and surly. We ate in the restaurant (pleasant, conservatory style) both evenings and would say the food and the service were good. We used the swimming pool a couple of times during our stay and really enjoyed it. The hotel was very busy on the weekend we visited, which must indicate something about its popularity, but it seemed to struggle to cope at times, both in terms of infrastructure (lifts small and inefficient, car park bursting at seams) and staffing levels. In general some updating was needed: the sofa bed in our family room was saggy and uncomfortable, the temperature regulation inadequate so that the room was too hot and the public spaces were dark and old-looking. However, for the price the Yew Lodge was a good place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lorudal
GMYewLodge, Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear lorudal

Many thanks for your review.
I’m pleased that the location and helpfulness of the staff contributed to a good stay.
I have passed your comments about slow service onto our Food and Beverage Team.
If you can advise the hotel which room you stayed in I will ask the housekeeping team to check the sofa bed.

Overall I am pleased that you found the Yew Lodge a good place to stay.
We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Clare Swift
Revenue Manager

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I can only describe this hotel as "average". The evening meal was reasonable (just), the hotel rooms clean but dated. I'd rather stay in a bed and breakfast next time I visit the area.......it would be greater value for my money

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John P

Many thanks for your review.
Sorry that you feel the hotel was ‘average’. We always try and ensure that we offer a 4* service for every guest. I apologise that we did not fulfil this for you.
I hope that you will try the hotel again and give us chance to change your opinion of the hotel and the service we provide.

Kind regards
Clare Swift
Revenue Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The accommodation was a bit cramped and the bed was a very small double but apart from that our room was satisfactory.

Parking was a problem as the hotel was full and we had to park in the surrounding streets which was not good as we had a lot of luggage.

Our evening meal was poor for a 4 star hotel as we had sea bass fillets with mushroom risotto.
Risotto was fine but when cooking sea bass with skin on the skin should be crisp and the fish itself soft!!
The reverse happened and we were disappointed but it was getting late and we were tired so no complaint was made.
Breakfast was a buffet and ok.
Our deal included afternoon tea and cakes which we were very disappointed with as the cakes were miniscule and we had to wait over 30 mins to get served.

In all it was ok but not a 4 star experience.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not on the conference side as wedding discos are quite noisy!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear BARRY T

Thank you for leaving your review after your recent stay.

I am sorry to read you were not impressed with the food element of you stay.

I have passed your comments on to the chef and he will review your comments with the team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and although it's a fairly comfortable hotel, I was very disappointed due to the fact that because there was a wedding on, the dinner menu was drastically reduced on my first evening and we had to eat in a conference meeting room....then, on my 2nd night, when there was a full menu to choose from, they had no fillet steak available....the quality of the food was inconsistent....the lamb was gorgeous but was gone in 2 mouthfuls, my wife's sea bass was meagre and her rice was sloppy and very salty! If I hadn't have paid in advance, I certainly wouldn't have dined on the 2nd night! However, the breakfast was delicious, even if we did have to queue up for a table....I stayed on the 3rd floor and sleeping was very uncomfortable due to the room being so hot! We couldn't have the windows open due to the noise of the air con units that were situated directly outside our window. The beds were old and very saggy! The room was clean though. We enjoyed the gym and the spa.....The Red Lion pub located a few hundred yards away was a great place to sample some decent ales! I would stay here again, but wouldn't book for dinner as it doesn't represent value for money! I definitely felt short changed.

Room Tip: Locate on the front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear willsndakes

Thank you for your great review of the hotel.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed after your stay this weekend.

I have passed your comments on to the chef in regards the menu selection on the 2nd night that no fillet was available from the menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed the food, this was to a very high standard. The rooms were comfortable and we slept pretty well.
Breakfast was buffet style and something for everyone. The staff in the restaurant were great! There was a re arrangement with the rooms due to a wedding but the staff remained cheerful and had a fab sense of humour, nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
The pool is very small, the sauna was lovely.
Very clean hotel and decor was fresh and modern.
Would thoroughly recommend. We stayed on a KGB offer break and saved around £370 with this deal :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Angela W

Thank you for your great review of the hotel.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your 2 night break from KGB and found it great value.

I will pass your kind comments on to the staff about being cheerful.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards