Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 days at this hotel.Staff were fantastic,food excellent and hotel clean and welcoming.Would definately return.
I booked the break through Spa Breaks.com and they were also very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Yvonne R,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed you spa break and received a nice warm welcome to the hotel.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Dudley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

have now stayed at this hotel twice in the last year when flying out of east midlands airport.
the hotel offers parking for up to 15 days, free transfers to and from the airport terminal, plus overnight stay before your flight.
I also book the 3 course meal in their restaurant before arrival which saves about 50 percent on the price you would pay on the night.
You are also allowed full use of the spa facilities which includes a pool, sauna and steam room. you can also pay for various treatments.
rooms are very well appointed and have everything you need for an overnight stay, they have freeview TV and if you want to watch premium sports channels they are available in the bar at the health club. there is also an outdoor area to sit, enjoy the view and have a drink.
the main bar is near reception and serves a large range of beverages.
the perfect start to your holiday.

Room Tip: pre-book your evening meal and save up to 50 percent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dudleymark
Dear dudleymark,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel after your second visit.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the stay again on the park and fly deal, and made use of the full selection of things we offer.

Booking dinner in advance does save you a great deal, and I am sure your tip will help others make a saving like you for dinner.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back for you next visit.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this hotel via Secret Escapes - What a great find! Never had a hotel which offered such great value at the price I paid. Although set in a fairly residential area, nothing could take away the quality of this hotel. An excellent large room was allocated. It had all the usual little extras - quality toiletries and tea and coffee. Lovely buffet breakfast with an excellent selection. Great pool and spa facilities.
Brilliant location for the midlands airport - you can even leave your car there when going on holiday, with the hotel offering transport to the airport

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear carold54,

Thank you very much for your detailed lovely review.

I am glad the deal through secret escapes was excellent value for you. Many guests that have stayed on this deal have found the same.

Please keep an eye on our website for more deals that may be of interest to you.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Yew Lodge for business quite a few times before and havent been overly impressed. This time I was very impressed. The Hotel has plently of parking on arrival and all in close proximity to the Hotel main entrance. I was greeted by the lovely Davina who was more than happy to sort me out in a quiet room when I asked for one. There is a really welcoming lounge area just off reception and that leads onto the restaurant. Anyway, I stayed in room 438 which was the top floor and at the end of the corridor. The room was really large. I was a bit disappointed as it had two single beds and Im used to a superkingsize. Having said that they were pushed together. There was a seating area by the window and really just lots of room. The pictures on the walls could do with modernising and updating and even though it is a non smoking hotel I felt that someone had been smoking in this room in the past as there was a slight smell of stale smoke. The room had all the usual things, plasma TV, tea/coffee facilities and a mixture of pillows, some hard some soft which is really good. The bathroom was absolutely huge and had a lovely selection of toiletries. The only complaint I can say is that the lighting in the rooms and bathroom is really bad when trying to apply makeup so I would suggest definately sorting this out! Sleep quality was very good as in the past it has been a rather noisy hotel but it seems they now have a quiet area for guests who request this as it was noise free! The restaurant was lovely and I have to say the staff were wonderful. I have to say a special mention to Gilles the French waiter who was very warm and welcoming and very entertaining. Nothing was too much trouble. I had the steak and potato skins which was excellent and the wine was very good too. The following morning I didnt have much breakfast, just some cereal and fruit but there was a wonderful selection to choose from. All in all my stay at the Yew Lodge was the best one yet. The only real improvement I would make is to get better lighting in the rooms for us ladies to apply our makeup! Would I stay again? Based on this stay, definately yes!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room just request it and Im sure they will accommodate
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Superskier87,

Thank you very much for your detailed review of the hotel.

I am extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you well.

I am sorry the lighting was not sufficient for you; I have asked the team to review this and make amendments going forward.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Myself & 3 friends stayed for the duration of Download Festival & a Hen weekend & the staff couldn't have been lovelier. I'm sure that faced with a bunch of potentially drunken & disorderly party goers they could have been dreading the weekend & been very unwilling to accommodate but they weren't.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night & it was fantastic, food was amazing, the bar stayed open as long as we needed it. There was no fridge in the room but they brought us an ice bucket, quickly, whenever we requested one. Room service was delivered when asked & food was available at the bar 24hrs a day for us.

Our very messy room was cleaned, as much as possible, every day & amenities refreshed. I'm sure that couldn't have been an easy task!

My only request for next year would maybe be to extend the breakfast hours a little bit for that weekend.

Thank you so much for making this weekend relaxing, special and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hydraxia
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Hydraxia,

Thank you for leaving your 5 star review.

I am extremely pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay over the download festival weekend.

I will pass your kind words around the hotel so the team can see the review.

I have taken note about the breakfast times and next year will look at extending the times for breakfast where possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year for the festival.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked this through a KGB deal after reviewing trip advisor but was still anxious. On arrival was a little disappointed as the hotel pics gave me the impression that it was in a country setting with a long drive etc whereas in reality it's sats in the middle of a residential area in the village of Kegworth.

The hotel is friendly and comfortable with lots of parking.

On checking we found the staff very friendly and appeared generally interested in the reasons for our stay. At our evening meal my husband received a lovely surprised of a decorated plate with truffles and fruit to celebrate his birthday. I hadn't arranged this but both of us were really chuffed.

We were in room 114 which was spacious, well decorated with a spa bathroom, such a bonus. No complaints as to the cleanliness of the room but no comments about the view of the fence that shield us from the back of the kitchens - but didn't bother us.

The restaurant was okay but my husband honed in on a few cobwebs in the ceiling. The staff were very friendly. Our package included a three course meal with wine and we were impressed that we were able to choose from the main menu (rather than separate menu as with so many other restaurant). We choose ribeye steak that was succulent and tasty. Lovely meal. Breakfast was a little less exciting. The hotel offered the usual full English and continental. I quite like the continental breakfast that included cereals; Greek yogurt and fresh fruit/compote; bread etc, however the cooked breakfast could be improved. It was a buffet breakfast kept in warming dishes. On both morning I felt the bacon and fried bread overcooked. I love a cooked breakfast but each morning left quite a bit on my plate. I felt breakfast was varied but the quality of produce could be improved.
The cream teas- mouth watering. Although £15 per head, worth every £.

The spa area was brilliant and staff very friendly. The lounge and bar area was very relaxing. The hotel website under sells this facility: the have sauna. , steam room amongst other things.

In summary the hotel was clean, tidy and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Pro
If I was travelling from midland airport there is no better way to start or end a holiday.
Their spa deals are brilliant.
Nottingham 12 miles away.

Cons.
Mile from airport so noisy.
View of power station when relaxing on Reed Spa patio uninspiring.
You need a degree to understand and use the TV remote control( but staff were really prompt and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Boveste,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

I am pleased to read once in the hotel you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and staff friendly.

I have distributed your feedback around the team so they can see the areas they can improve on as well as see the areas we did well on.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here as part of a stay and park package. Excellent hotel and fabulous service. Lovely Rooms very clean, with hair dryer, ironing board, tea, coffee, etc. All the staff very helpful espiecally the lovely Gill who on our return to the UK at 2.00 am, (and after deciding to stay the night and drive home the next morning) Found us a lovely room, got us 2 coffees, toothbrushes and toothpaste. Excellent service. Would highly recommend and would definately stay here the next time we fly from East Midlands

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lsjb,

Thank you for your lovely 5 star review of the hotel.

I am pleased to read that Gill and the team looked after you on your return.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Radisson Blu Hotel, East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 8 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#5 of 8 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#4 of 8 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!