“Friendly and attentive service.”

Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kegworth
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Friendly and attentive service.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well maintained hotel. Room had easily controlled 24 hour central heating. Excellent spa facilities and restaurant. Dinner, in particular, was first class. Staff were very professional and friendly throughout the hotel. Would use the hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
GMYewLodge, General Manager at Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and found dinner to be first class and the staff professional and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Chris Trow
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend break whilst visiting a wedding. We were traveling with others and have our young daughter with us. The room we got was large (it had a name, may have been classed a suite) to facilitate a travel cot provided by the hotel (nice touch), the room was clean and sweltering hot, but easily solved by opening the window. On the bad side was the lumpy and uncomfortable bed.
We used the pool a fair bit, it was pleasant but the spa looked tired and a bit dirty in places with the multi jet shower not working. A very minor point but there didn't seem to be any ongoing maintenance.
We ate at the restaurant the first night, the service was excellent. We were a large party and very well looked after. The food however was very poor, I had the lamb which was awful (the dish had potential, but the meat was very poor) , stringy with hardly any meat and a few people had to send their steak back due to it being overcooked. Again, the staff were the best part and exchanged meals with no fuss and even split the bill to 3 different rooms. The meal was expensive and very much not worth the money
Breakfast was ok, nothing special but general hotel fair.

In summary, the hotel was OK, but the bed was poor hence the review score, others in the party mentioned the same thing. BUT I can't praise the staff hard enough!
Paul

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I am sorry your night was disturbed due to the bed being lumpy in places; I have since passed your comments on you to our maintenance team to replace this. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am pleased to read that the staff were good thought out your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Chris Trow
Hotel Manager
Manchester, England
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We booked a cheap 1 night stay as a Valentine's day afterthought which was great. Our package came with tea and cake on arrival, a three course dinner and breakfast. The food was lovely and I recommend the restaurant everything we had was delicious. We didn't go to the health club but again this I'd look nice.
The room was nice. Toiletries were nice and i did love the speakers in the bathroom. All in all we had a really good stay.

swift33
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, ( Thurs & Fri ) apparently we were upgraded; the room was adequate although small for an upgrade. However there was everything you needed except a small fridge - which would have been nice for cold drinks. Liked the bath robes and toiletries.
We tried the gym/ pool/ sauna/ jacuzzi and steam room - pool quite small but still enjoyed the facilites.
We had dinner in the hotel both nights, the first evening was lovely our waiter Mustafa looked after us really well, the food was good and yes, drinks are priceyl
The second evening was disappointing, especially as it was my Birthday, after waiting 30 minutes for a table, we were then left another 20 minutes, we asked if we could order, there were looks of surprise - I think we had been forgotten, others coming in after us were served first.
However after mentioning this, the problem was rectified and we were given a complimentary bottle of wine.

Breakfast on the first morning was awful, hardly anything provided, I asked for a banana, a 4* hotel didnt have any! hot buffet food dried up, cold and unappetising,
toast burned. The second morning - Saturday was much better probably because more guests were staying.

Our room overlooked the front of the hotel, there was a bright light focussed on the hotel wall/ room but was faulty as a result it was flashing on and off all evening - we reported it and asked if it could be switched off but it continued for 2 nights!
Also one bedside lamp was faulty, again reported but not replaced or renewed.
The problems were only minor and did not spoil our stay.

Belper, Derbyshire
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Close to the airport and with free transfer. Rooms are lovely. We paid for a meal in the restaurant at a reduced price. For what we paid it was good. Had we paid full price I would have been disappointed. If you get this hotel on a secret hotel deal you will be fine

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Middle England
Reviewed February 10, 2013

OMG. Quite possibly my worst night's sleep ever in a hotel.

Arrived after 3 hour trek up the M1; previously I stayed at the Nottingham Derby, whicch turned out to be adjacent to the motorway, and so quite noisy. I figured this one would be better, being further away. Wrong...plus the fact that it's so close to East Midlands airport too.

The hotel had a pool, which was another reason for choosing it - though as I walked past I could see a big group of men, which put me off going in on my own.

My room was small, with a single bed, and very warm. Although on the second floor, it was above the pool (the irony...) and so did smell of chlorine. The window opened onto the roof, so I didn't feel was secure, as there was no limiting brace to stop it being pulled open from the outside. So - either too hot, or worry about someone climbing in.

Bathroom was spotless, and towels were clean too.

Big bar area with snack menu; I ate in the restaraunt, where I became amazingly invisible. One party seemed to get all the attention, whilst we single travellers were left to watch and wait. It wasnt obvious from the menu that none of the mains are served without vegetables, and by the time mine arrived, a full 45 minutes after ordering, I really couldn;t face waiting for a few carrots. My food was extremely hot, though tasted good.

My biggest issue was the group who'd been hogging the waiters - at around 11 they retired to their rooms, and proceeded to have a loud conversation outside in the corridor for the next 20 minutes. Having finally gotten to sleep, I was amazed when one of them appeared to be having an IT support call outside at 12.30 - so I was horrified to realise that in fact it was the man in the room next door. After 40 minutes, I could tell you his phone number, password, and where to find all the files on the computer...he was that loud. And then to add insult to injury, he slept through his alarm.

So I'm afraid I couldn't wait to check out and get on the road. Next time I'll go back to the M1 and the BW Nottingham Derby!

Room Tip: Not above the pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel previously as part of a Park and Fly deal which was excellent but this was our first stay as a weekend break. We were there on a Travelzoo deal which represented extremely good value for money.

Location:- for us was good because we wanted to combine a chill-out weekend with a visit to Nottingham which is only 11 miles away. The hotel is also perfect for East Midlands Airport. Otherwise, some might think its location is a little 'out of the way'.
Service:- is excellent from all staff in all areas, including reception, the bar, restaurant, spa and housekeeping.

Cleanliness:- is something we noticed in our last visit and we we were pleased to see that the very high standards were maintained.

Bedrooms:- are not huge but plenty big enough. Nice, large bathrooms with bath and shower. Quality and varied selection of toiletries. A nice touch is the heated towel rail. Bedlinen is good, a cotton quilt and tasteful bedspread. Cotton sheets. Furnishings in the room of a high quality and well maintained. Bedroom furniture of a high quality. Another nice touch is the bathrobe and slippers. Our only gripe about the room was the mattress - a little on the soft side though we did manage to get comfortable and slept very well. Apart from some chatter in the corridor we didn't hear a thing from any other room even though across the hallway, some fellow guests did have their TV on. The walls and doros seem well insulated. The room can get a little warm but the window does open and a fan is also provided along with iron, ironing board and trouser press, so very well equipped.

Bar:- has a good feel. Prices are what you would expect in a 4 star hotel but not crazily high.

Lounge:- is similarly very comfortable.

Spa:- we didn't have any treatments but we used the pool which was just about big enough for a swim. We didn't use the jacuzzi. sauna or steamroom but all looked clean and in good order.

Food:- the restaurant is very attractive with tables adorned with crisp white linen and fresh flowers. It gets very busy but all the waiting staff are both courteous and efficient. We were on a deal which included dinner and the food quality was of a very high standard. Our only gripe here was the breakfast. There is a reasonable choice of cold food and a good choice of hot food but in our opinion far too much bacon, sausage and eggs are cooked at the beginning of breakfast. So when we arrived the eggs didn't look too appetising and the bacon had managed to stick to itself. A shame really and I don't want to give the impression that it was a bad breakfast, because it wasn't - it is just that it could have been so much better. You can have kippers or an omelette cooked to order which is what we did on the second morning and everything was fine. The staff at breakfast are like all the other staff - very good.

In summary, this hotel is classy and fully deserves its AA 4 Star rating. With so many things to commend it, it is difficult to pick out any one thing but if I had to use one word, it would be 'quality' and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially if you are on one of the excellent deals which they regularly offer..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kegworth
Hilton East Midlands Airport
Jurys Inn East Midlands Airport
#6 of 7 in Castle Donington
Kegworth Hotel & Conference Centre
Holiday Inn Express East Midlands Airport
Holiday Inn Express East Midland...
#4 of 7 in Castle Donington
The Priest House by the River
The Priest House by the River
#5 of 7 in Castle Donington

Been to Best Western Premier East Midlands Airport Yew Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!