“Great view”

Santo's Higham Farm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Higham
“Great view”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our wedding night 13 yrs ago so came back for our wedding anniversary the staff are most friendly and very helpful this is no budget or cheap place to stay but this venue has class rooms are spotless well equipped great views and walks close by. Very good place to go to spend time with your loved one away from it all like I say not cheap but you get what you pay for all in all most enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Wigton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed at this lovely hotel for the past four christmas's and each time seems to get better. It is a lovely friendly place. The staff are wonderful and really make sure you have an enjoyable christmas. The rooms we stay in are very spacious, clean and warm. In fact we've booked again for this christmas. We have our christmas dinner and again every year we have a lovely meal. We had goats cheese followed by goose this year which was cooked to perfection. In the evening of xmas day and boxing day a buffet is laid out for the residents. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The breakfasts are also excellent and cook fried eggs as they are needed rather than bulk. There is also a beautiful view from the car park and am told there are also some lovely walks from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel and thank all the staff for making our stay at Santos so enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As other reviewers may say the hotel is of a good standard. There are some places that could benefit from being repainted/maintained , as for many other hotels. But where most people rate hotels this hotel is good, ie the rooms and the food quality. The breakfast is first rate. The food served in the evening both in the bar and restaurant is of a good standard. Portions are good. The staff throughout the hotel were pleasant. I will be staying again as the company i work for use this hotel and I would staying if I was paying also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Charleso3
Pencoed, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at Santos during a business trip. I , along with a colleague were very lucky because we both got an upgrade to suites due to other rooms being occupied. We had a pay a little extra of course but it was well worth it. I stayed in the Sherwood suite and have to admit it was too good for a single traveller. It would have been much better if I had my wife with me !!. The room was large with a brilliant bathroom (stand alone roll topped bath with seperate shower cubicle. Four poster water bed...that's right...a water bed. My colleague and I ate in the Sports bar. Service was excellent and food superb. Try the specials on the blackboard. Big portions and all for around a tenner, very good value for money. In the morning, a short walk to the end of the carpark takes you to a viewing platform with stunning views over the valley. Breakfast is traditional British and served buffet style.
In summary, the next time I have to travel to the area, I will certainly be going to this hotel (even if I'm not lucky enough to get a suite,)

Room Tip: The Sherwood suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at Santo's Higham Farm for the third occasion. We had previously attended a wedding there and treat ourselves to a repeat visit every few years, as we enjoy it so much.

Room
The room was superb - I fully recommend the Churchill suite for its amazing jacuzzi bath :) Everything was very clean and since our previous visit, the bed has been replaced and has a very comfortable memory foam matress. We booked to go on a Friday night (as they often have functions on Saturdays) so it was very quiet and peaceful.

We enjoyed a snack in the bar - just a sandwich but it was delicious. The breakfast was good quality and there were beans available (!)

The attention to detail in the service was really great. Everybody was so friendly and went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable.

Overall
A real treat of a stay, we'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cazstar
West Midlands, England
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I could not wait to write this review. There were 12 of us booked in for Sunday lunch, it was a special 70th birthday occasion and I would firstly like to praise the staff who waited on us and the lady who took out meal orders, thank you all for your patience with such a large party. a pre-bought cake was even brought out after the meal, which the staff kindly adorned with a mini-firework! Santo's is in such a stunning location, please see photographs for the views from the railings at the end of the car park. I would not hesitate in booking Santos' for a wedding/wedding reception based on the service, location and friendliness of the staff. I can't comment on the rooms as we were only there for a special birthday lunch. The members of our party travelled from Shrewsbury, Wolverhampton and nearby Swanwick. Sunday lunch menu is £13.50 per head for two courses and desserts are available for a small supplement. Most had the beef but I had spiced haddock which was gorgeous, I could have eaten two. Vegetables and roast potatoes were served by the waiting staff. As you can see from the photographs, the reception area is modern and clean and has a very very deep (wishing?) well. When walking through to the bar and dining area, it's like walking into a different century, from the 21st Century style reception area to the lounge and bar and dining room, which had oak beams and the like. I wish I lived closer to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at Santos over the weekend of my Sons wedding. A very nice venue, well organised, simple but very very nice.
The room I had was called Donatello no:24..Luxury.. very beautifully furnished and decorated and the ensuite too. The staff were super. they make everyone feel special..
I have no hesitation in reccomending this super...not so little, country Hotel

The food was very good too, especially the Breakfast...

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Higham
Peak Edge Hotel
The Morley Hayes Hotel
The Derbyshire Derby
The Derbyshire Derby
#2 of 2 in South Normanton

Been to Santo's Higham Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!