“great service but overall disappointing”
Review of Sunar Gow

Sunar Gow
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hatton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Dined on a sunday evening as a group of 4. General Service was first class however it was disappointing that the 'special menu of a starter, main and rice for £9.95' was only presented after we had specifically asked for it almost as if we were being railroaded into A la Carte. 3 of us chose options from the specials and one went for the Chicken Jalfrezi asking for this to be prepared extra hot - Vindaloo style. All starters were superb especially the Tandoori Chicken however the Jalfrezi was really rather mild and uninspiring - nothing like what had been asked for. The portions of rice were also very very small indeed and when the bill for £67 arrived [despite us having consumed just two pints of Cobra and a bottle of Red], we all thought we had been a little overcharged for an 'average ' meal. Will not be rushing back!!;

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Took the family and was impressed. A contemporary restaurant out of town. The food was impressive and very good quality, freshly cooked. Pickles served were plentiful and fresh. Portions were more than ample with some to spare. The service was excellent and would put more expensive restaurants to shame. The bill was also a pleasant surprise as it was much less than I had expected to pay. I will definitely return. Save yourself the bother of going into the city and give this a try.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Went out with friends - our first visit to this restaurant - the other night.

Lovely staff - very polite and friendly (even when brought the wrong rice for one of our meals, brought the correct rice and left the pillau free of charge!).

Usual menu, but food well-presented and beautifully cooked.

Big venue and busy (a good sign), but not overly noisy.

Recommended, and will visit again.

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I last tried this restaurant a couple of years ago and I wasn't impressed TBH I've been going elsewhere since. I am glad therefore that I was invited to go here last Saturday evening... And my mind has been changed. The food was really tasty and a bit different to the run of the mill. I thought the staff were attentive and knowledgable. It was no problem to ask for a modification to a curry, indeed the waiter made a really good suggestion as well. The food was very well priced (esp with the early evening deal). I have a new favourite Indian restaurant !

1  Thank jaypot
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went as a large group and the food was absolutely fantastic! The waiters were so lovely, in particular one waiter who was happy to recommend and help all the time. The food: the poppadums and pickles were lovely, the variety of pickles was more than a regular restaurant. Then the starters, the portions were extremely generous and so were the main courses.
The naan breads were stuffed with filling and the curries full of flavour.
Extremely good value and especially as we went on a Saturday and had the buy one get one free on main courses if you start at 5:30 and leave by 7:30 and there is also a deal for £10.95 for three courses in the week.