“Worth the effort to find”
Review of Plough Inn

Plough Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Plough Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Hathersage
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Fabulous pub which we made a special effort to find with our children, aged 9 and 12. We were all made to feel extremely welcome even tough we had not booked a table during a busy lunchtime service. The food was of an extremely high standard and the menu was varied and interesting (in fact it was difficult for us to choose what to order). The cheese selection was particularly impressive and finished of a very memorable meal. Would recommend highly

There are newer reviews for Plough Inn

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Extremely friendly and helpful owners/managers. Waiting staff a little inexperienced but friendly. Excellent food and wine. Lovely pub ambience. Comfy beds and attractive furnishings. Only criticism is that blinds and curtains didn't shut properly so potential lack of privacy in bathroom.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Overall, we had an enjoyable meal here. The staff were very friendly and service was good. The decor is very traditional and clean. The area around the bar has far more atmosphere than the tables on the upper eating area which are arranged in rather boring rows with quite small gaps between. The food is certainly cooked to a high standard and it is clear that the chef takes pride in presentation and attempts to experiment with different combinations. There are also some very traditional options such as fish and chips (though not at traditional prices.) I had a mushroom risotto to start which was truly outstanding while my husband had prawns and pasta which was beautifully flavoured. I had lamb as a main which was nice enough while my husband chose the steak which was traditionally cooked and presented and he said it was very tender. We both had the apple and gooseberry pie which was fair. On the whole, the food is a good deal better than average but the prices more than reflect this which I suppose is why I'm being a little picky in this review. But would I eat here again? Yes, if I had a table on the lower floor area.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Enjoyed a nice meal here as a casual alternative when staying at Hassop Hall. The food was good quality and the staff were friendly. The menu has traditional fare as well as more imaginative offerings but it is quite expensive. I guess you get what you pay for and I would recommend this pub as it had a lovely atmosphere too.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

we sat in the courtyard which was clean tidy and filled with flowers the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was lovely if a tad pricey