“Lovely place”

Riverside Herb Centre
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Hathersage
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

My wife and I popped in for a coffee, naturally she had some cake as well. The coffee was ok, as was the cake, but I had a small problem. I couldn't choose whether to watch the birds right outside the window (with complimentary guide books) or the stream of delicious looking food being delivered to tables around the room. There was a queue of people waiting to be seated in this population cafe / restaurant.

Going back next week to eat something.

PS Staff were very friendly.

• Visited June 2012

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Twitchers' favourite coffeee shop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Grab yourself a window seat looking down at the river with the large bird feeders immediately opposite you, order your favourite coffee choice, select a tasty bun, cake or scone (or have a light meal if you wish), sit back, browse the "BIRD" books provided, get your camera ready and then............spoil yourself: on Tues this week we saw the following---a score of siskins, numerous chaffinches, greenfinches, coalt1ts, blue t1ts, great t1ts, long tailed t1ts, tree creepers, nuthatches, bullfinches and the highlight a wonderful close up of the lesser spotted woodpecker.The food is good, the staff always friendly, the shop has some interesting goods as well as foodstuffs to purchase.
The only downside of a small place like this is the noisy coffee machine.

I have just had to chnage the name of the birds as I was accused by trip adviser of using profane language......give me a break TA!!

• Visited May 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Lovely!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I live local and the herb centre is a place I pass most days. I went for coffee a few days ago with some friends,this being my first time in the cafe, although we didnt eat on this day the food coming out looked fantastic. I have returned here just 2 days later with my partner for lunch. I had the smoked salmon with prawns salad, it was absolutely lovely and for how much it cost the amount of salmon on the plate was amazing. It was all so fresh and very tasty. It was very busy with people waiting for tables and the service excellent...fast, friendly and efficient. I will most definately be recommending this place and most definately returning! The shop is also very nice, you can get some really nice gifts here and also take home some of the food they have in the cafe...I purchased the salmon to bring home! however I am looking forward to my next visit for lunch!! Fantastic !!!

• Visited May 2012