“Generous Cake Portions!”

Outside Hathersage Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A comfortable cafe with seating for 60, in the beautiful Peak District village of Hathersage, above the well-loved Outside shop. Popular with climbers, walkers, bikers and anyone who happens to be passing by. Breakfast, light snacks and full meals are served through the year with veggie and vegan options available, together with a variety of homemade cakes and traybakes. Free wifi access is supplied with any order, dogs are welcome in the balcony area and there is free parking behind the shop.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stopped here for a quick drink and were tempted by the cakes. Had a lovely brownie which barely fitted on the plate, would have been half the size in most places! Good value for what you get although I think it gets very busy at peak times. Childrens menu available too which is good.

There are newer reviews for Outside Hathersage Cafe

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is my daughter's review.

I enjoyed my visit as the service was quick and they have a variety of foods . I loved the chips and the hot chocolate was brilliant! You can bring your dog with you ( only into one part) and there is a bowl for them. The staff are friendly and the floor was clean ( considering how many dogs walk on it). I enjoyed visiting the Outside cafe and I will visit again!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a walk over burbage with the kids and wanted a quick no fuss bite to eat on a sunday lunchtime. Outside cafe was suggested so we gave it a whirl. Breakfasts had sadly finished at 11:30 (which is what I fancied) so I plumped for homemade chilli for about £ 6 and kept my expectations low.

However I had to say it was rather lovely. Obviously homecooked and a decent dish , with pleasant enough rice and a good salad too.

Kids had chip butty and sausage and chips and I can report the chips were pretty decent and the sausage was of a decent quality too.

Wife had cajun chicken burger (off the specials) and was also tasty and good enough value .

Certainly not haute cuisine but tremendous value and pretty tasty.

I will be back (especially now I know of the secret carpark outside has out the back - parking in Hathersage is a bloody nightmare normally).

Hathersage also has a really pleasant kids playground hidden away behind the outdoor swimming pool.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

They really are! We came from Nottingham for one as my birthday treat. Excellent chip butties and big cheap mugs of great tea.

This place is a hidden little gem that you have to try. Real food, great prices, local sourcing.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

It is truly remarkable to see staff looking so busy but operating so inefficiently. Food is good though and very generous helpings of cake!!

1  Thank MASreview