This was a last minute buy as we'd only just managed to get some time off work and because of the mid-week break offer along with the pictures and reviews we'd seen, it made us think we'd gotten ourselves a bargain for 4 nights.
Our room wasn't like the pictures. We had a modern bathroom with a very good shower but then a dated room which was small and the bed creaked really loudly every time you moved. It was quite dusty and the curtains weren't all attached to the hooks on the rail. We were also facing the main road (which is very busy and cars go past very quickly) and it is very loud during the night if you're not a great sleeper. You also have to cross this road to get to the car park which can be tricky. The room was cleaned everyday and coffee facilities refilled which was appreciated and the views from our room were amazing so no complaints there.
The service here was 50/50. In the morning we had the loveliest woman ever serving us, she was always smiling, catered to your every need and the food was fantastic (compliments to the chef), she then went on to clean up after everyone and then went to clean the bedrooms which was great as you don't normally expect that at a B&B. But during the afternoon the staff seemed a little less interested and there was no organisation during the Italian buffet on Thursday. People were just walking in wherever they felt and if you were polite enough to queue you weren't in any way considered. The poor chef also had no room behind the buffet table and was constantly having to push past you to take away empty plates and bring out more, the food however, was exceptional again. On normal nights there is a large variety of food and you get a very large portion which is cooked to perfection.
There really seems to be a lot effort put in the kitchens and the pub, but then as somewhere to stay it really does lack the quality you're paying for, which is a shame because we would love to come back, but not to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn set in the heart of the peak district ideal base to explore the Hope Valley offering a friendly family run inn with 9 rooms great beers and good home cooked food in a comfy relaxed setting ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Millstone Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millstone Country Hotel Hathersage
- Millstone Country Inn Hathersage, England