“Lovely pub interior and good sunday lunch”
Review of The Scotsmans Pack

The Scotsmans Pack
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Hathersage
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
bakewell
“Lovely pub interior and good sunday lunch”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We came here after a walk in Edale and were very hungry for a Sunday Roast. I ordered the lamb and my boyfriend had beef. The food came very quickly which was great - the lamb was spot on for me, however both of our yorkshire puddings were burnt and tasted burnt too. My boyfriends beef (which i also tried) was overcooked and served in 2 very thick slices which were difficult to cut and swallow (so i don't know how the older generations like my Granny would have got on!) I found it a shame as the rest of the dinner was fairly good - yummy roasties, delicious mash, veg and gravy.

I've been here for lunch before - probably 18 months ago and it was better then. Maybe I came on a bad day this time.

I think this pub is lovely and I won't be put off coming again if i'm hungry and in the area. Hopefully next time will be better.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MaryJShim

Godalming, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Comfortable - good food”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had a very nice meal here, but I know the boys found the beer very pricey. Pretty sure my husband said it was £9+ for a pint of lager and a Guinness.

Visited December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Scotsman provides friendly welcome”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for a weekend's walking with our lovely friends from Essex. The staff were very polite and friendly. Food was good and wholesome with a varied menu. Rooms were small but modern and comfortable. Its a really nice pub with good beers and wine. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the chilean merlot described as very approachable - the wine of course! Nice litte outside area with wooden benches by the stream. Its well frequented by locals at the weekend - a pleasant crowd - and the rooms are sound proofed by the thick walls so no problem with noise. Hathersage is a lovely village in the Hope valley. We hiked up to Stanedge and Higger Tor and did Mam Tor on Sunday before heading back home.
We would happily return for a future visit.

• Visited November 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely grub”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Steak and Ale pie is to die for - you will not be disappointed if you drop in here for lunch or dinner. Good menu choice, everything is home made and served with a smile. Good value, good service - best traditional food in the Hope Valley.

• Visited November 2012
derbys
“enjoyable”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Have eaten here a few times now either as a couple or for a family meal. I was impressed with the innovative vegetarian choices, maybe they were not all homemade but if bought in they had taken the time and effort to choose good quality food (I refer to the Haggis) . We have always had a warm welcome and enjoyed the friendly atmostphere. If I do have any negative comment, which is only minor, it is that when busy the tables to the left of the bar are a little squashed together.
Overall I would recommend highly as a place to enjoy a good meal in nice surroundings

• Visited September 2012