“trad pub especially for vegetarians”
Review of The Globe

The Globe
Ranked #15 of 84 Restaurants in Glossop
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Lovely old place with great mixed clientele and its own good beers and veggie food at brilliant prices

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My answer on two counts would normally have been, "No thanks", but we called in and I ordered spinach and chickpea curry as this had been recommended by a friend. It really was a 'light bulb' moment. Not only was it the best curry I have ever had, along with parsnip chips, the ice cream to follow was sensational. Décor-wise The Globe is unpretentious, but the friendly staff and fabulous food at unbelievable prices more than make up for it.

1  Thank Dotsee
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We love this pub. Old fashioned atmosphere but great beer and really amazing vegan food. Our meat eater friend could not believe that the steak in gravy wasn't meat. Very cheap too.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If I were a local, this would definitely be mine. Good vegan food at prices so cheap it'd be hard to make it yourself - and good beers, my friends tell me too. Dogs are also allowed in; and often there's pretty decent live music playing. This is what Glossop, nestled at the foot of the Pennines and spawning many creatives, used to be about.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

First time in a vegan establishment and slightly nervous but so pleasantly surprised. Food was out of this world and the home brewed cider was one of the nicest ciders I have ever tried (and there has been a few!).
The staff were all really friendly and the pub had a great atmosphere.
We will definitely be returning the next time we are in Glossop

1  Thank Nicky R