The Woodlands
    $107
    $55
    $49
    TripAdvisor
    All reviewsbakewell tarton arrivalpeak districtweekend breakbreakfast was deliciouscharming villagesurrounding area is beautifulwelcome cardstaff were all very helpfultended gardentea room islovely gesturelyme parkvisiting the areafantastic hoststhe barnself catering apartment
    Reviewed October 21, 2013

Woodlands Guesthouse, set in the High Peak area of Derbyshire, in the small village of Charelsworth (near Glossop) is without doubt the nicest guesthouse myself and my wife have ever stayed. We first visited in 2005 and since that time Woodlands has evolved from a guest house to a thriving business, which now includes a holiday cottage and multiple award-winning tea rooms. The owners Brian and Judy Mair are fantastic hosts. The awards for Derbyshire’s most friendly landlady are highly deserved. Upon arrival you will be provided with a welcoming drink and a slice of home baked cake. Brian is a superb cook. We have stayed in each of the rooms, including the cottage for a mini break, and all are appointed to a very high standard. An excellent night's rest is assured and a hearty breakfast will set you up for the day. All diets are catered for. We are just one couple of many people who return on a regular basis. If you are looking for a top B&B in the vicinity of the High Peaks please look up the Woodlands, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: One of the en-suite double's has both a shower and fantastic corner bath
    • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights whilst attending a friends wedding not far down the road. This has to be one of the most friendly and welcoming places I've ever stayed. Nothing was too much trouble for my hosts. From taking me into Glossop to meet my friends, to advising on the quickest/cheapest route back to Manchester and giving me a lift to the station. Not being from the area this was a huge help to someone who doesn't have a car.

The place itself is lovely, with some fantastic views as well as very clean rooms with some nice extra touches you wouldn't find in faceless hotel chains (imperial leather shower gel, paracetemol, aero hot chocolate etc). The breakfast was also spot on, keeping me full up for most of the day! It was also amazing value for money, costing a mere £45 a night for such top class service and facilities.

I would recommend the Woodlands to anyone, especially those who are a little jaded from been treat like just another number by hotel chains. The Woodlands will restore your faith that they're still people left with traditional customer service values who will go out of their way to look after you. Give me that over premier inn any day!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
    Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed in one of the rooms in the main house when visiting my mother. Having lived in the area all my life I was stunned at how lovely the area is. In the country yet close to village life, and city life if needed. The room was spotlessly clean. On arrival I was given a tray of tea, which comprised of a large pot, plenty of fresh milk and wonderful home made shortbread. There are plenty of places to eat close by all serving excellent quality food. The breakfast served in the tea room was fabulous with fresh fruit, followed by scrambled egg with smoked salmon. Doesn't get much better than that. The hosts are very welcoming and have a great knowledge of the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    1  Thank Johanna13082013
    Reviewed August 26, 2013

'We cannot thank Judy and Brian enough for a fantastic stay at Woodlands.Our room was spotless, comfortable and beautiful and beyond our expectations. Breakfast was fantastic, with a full English enjoyed by us both.We cannot recommend Woodlands enough.Judy and Brian are friendly and made you feel welcome immediately .Thank you for a lovely weekend stay,and we will definitely return..
    Best wishes,Paul and Julia Trainor.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It was absolutely excellent. We stayed there as we were going to a wedding down the road. I asked about booking a taxi and the owner offered to give us a lift to the venue. The room was splendid, amazing big bathroom with a corner bath. Breakfast was spot on in the tea rooms, with nice views of the garden and surrounding areas. Friendliest owners, felt very at home.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends