“A beautiful Birthday”

Woodlands Restaurant and Tea Rooms
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Glossop
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Derbyshire Life Magazine voted us the best Tea Room in Derbyshire Last year. We are open from noon until 5pm Wednesday to Sunday and offer Lunch and Afternoon Tea every day except Sunday when we offer a 2 or 3 Course Set Sunday Lunch.
Manchester
“A beautiful Birthday”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I booked Woodlands for a special birthday with my family and they pulled out all the stops to make it special. The food was absolutely beautiful in a lovely setting - my family have raved about it since!

Every single person on the table declared the quiche the nicest they have ever had. They always make a lovely fuss of my baby too and make sure he is catered for. On our first visit they made him an off menu dish to suit his finger food preferences.

Well recommended, and if management read this - thank you once again. I was very spoilt!

• Visited July 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Lovely food and wonderful intimate tea room. I wanted to move in!!

Worth stopping by if you're in the area for a little treat as a date for brunch or afternoon tea.

Manchester
“An absolute gem - caters for allergies and vegan diet too!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Yet again, I cannot praise The Woodlands tearoom in Charlesworth enough for how accommodating they are. I emailed ahead and spoke with Judy about my dietary requirements, stating I am vegan, plus cannot tolerate gluten, aubergine, Tomato, Spinach, potato and berries and suggested a coconut curry recipe to them (as I know my allergies can seem a bit daunting!)

Anyhow, they came up trumps (as always) making me a trio of melon with candied ginger to start, a delicious coconut curry with rice for main and EVEN went out of their way for dessert having Vegan ice cream in for us and a home made orange sorbet. They even had Soya milk and cream should we have needed it!

Not only this..they NEVER bat an eyelid at us bringing the children's own food (serious allergies mean we have to do this) and even wash our containers for us.

Amazing service with wonderful views of the peak district.

Would return over and over again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank theobjective
Manchester, United Kingdom
“can't cope with criticism”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

people beware. if you do a review on Woodlands Tea Room and don't give 5 stars they won't be very happy. I booked table here for my 60th birthday, one of my guests did a review and gave 3 stars. The owners of the tea rooms phoned myself at home, during the late evening, to let me know that they were not happy at all with this review, and demanding to know why it had been posted. They were shouting at me and being very rude telling me that they normally get 4 or 5 stars, even though i hadn't any idea that a review had been done up to this point - not the type of behaviour i expect from people who run this type of business. Their phone call left me quite upset and shaken, because of this attitude and unprofessionalism they have lost a lot of future business...

• Visited May 2014
17 Thank esther r
Glossop, United Kingdom
“Always great food”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stopped off at Woodlands today for lunch. We've been a number of times, either as a couple or in a group, and we have always received a very warm welcome, been seated at a comfortable table and eaten excellent food. The menu is extensive, whether that be the specials (seabass today - delicious), hot or cold snacks or the superb afternoon tea (highly recommended). A real gem.

• Visited May 2014