“Beats the 'big guys'!”

Laura's Coffee Lounge
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Glossop
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It beats me why anyone would use the big chain coffee shop in Glossop when if they look round the corner they'll find Laura's. Way better atmosphere, much nicer staff, and great food (we loved the soup and jacket spuds when our Australian visitors wanted a snack before heading off on a trip across the hills). And without doubt Laura's serves the best homemade cakes ever - bigger and way tastier than the mass produced stuff you'll find in CostaPacket or Star(dodging the tax)bucks. We'll be back again, as will our Australian visitors!

2  Thank Lewkers

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I called in here for a quick bite to eat on Saturday, pleasant staff and surroundings.

I asked for a Ham salad sandwich, I was passed a Ham salad barm.

I was informed that I will be charged the same price to takeout as if I would if I sat in; my little girl was asleep in the car outside so I had no choice.

Now then…..after I picked myself of the floor when asked for £3.50 I was expecting a premium delight granny roll lashing of salad and maybe some beet and sliced egg as you would expect for the second mortgage fee but it was poor to say the least.

A sub standard processed barm like you get from a large supermarket 20 for a pound, the salad was fresh and the sliced ham was aright but that said I will not be calling here again!

2  Thank JustincStockport
Laura B, Owner at Laura's Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, all feedback is important to us.
I can only apologise that your visit to our Coffee Lounge wasn't satisfactory on this occasion.
I would like to suggest that if you had had the chance to dine in with us you would have had the opportunity to read through our menu which does indeed describe how our sandwiches etc are presented (on muffins) and also to note that we are not a takeaway establishment, and do not encourage or advertise this. On the odd occasion that customers do request food/drinks to take out we always advise that the price will be the same, this gives the customer a chance to agree to this ( as you did) or change their minds and maybe to visit a takeaway nearby.

We pride ourselves on using the freshest locally sourced ingredients, our bread is provided by the most popular bakery in the area, our cooked meats are from an award winning butchers and our fruit and vegetables from a very reputable greengrocer. All of this is then turned into our ever popular meals in our 5 star FSA rated kitchen! Should you be in the area again I would love for you to pop in and sample our goods in a more relaxed situation, complimentary of course!

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind yourself and other customers that may be reading this that the area outside of the shop is regularly patrolled by civil enforcement officers and incurs a £30 fixed penalty notice, there is however ample parking in and around the town centre :)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Staff are friendly and knowledgeable and although the coffee lounge can be busy we are always given prompt attention. The food is great and the home baked cakes are amazing! Nice atmosphere and babies and breastfeeding mums are made welcome which is not the case in one or two similar establishments.

1  Thank GlossopLocal
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Make a lovely toastie, with very friendly staff and good prices. Good situation just near the town square, and there a a couple of tables outside to enjoy the little sun that we do get! I'll be going again!

1  Thank hgbtb
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great location, situated just in the town's main square. Food and service was fab. Very good value for money.

2  Thank mooch1uk

Thank you so much for your lovely words. I'm very glad you enjoyed your visit, I'd like to add that I actually was on holiday at the time of your visit and I'm very proud that my staff ( wonderful girls!) made it a nice experience for you, Come again soon! Laura x