“Really inexpensive for a really good meal.”

Ruchi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Glossop
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glossop
“Really inexpensive for a really good meal.”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My partner and I visited Ruchi last night and are, officially, still stuffed. We had the mixed platter to start along with a couple of pints of Cobra. The mixed platter was great, a lovely mix of spice with salad and lamb patties. We moved onto our mains. Both my partner and I had Ruchi special rice with our mains. The rice was perfectly cooked and had big chunks of pineapple in it, which would help to cool down mouthfuls of curry. I had the Green Balti Garlic Chicken, which came with broccoli and was really quite mild and enjoyable, my partner opted for the Machlee Bahar, and wow - it was hot!! However, even though it was spicy, there was still so much flavour to it and the fish was lovely and soft. Staff were really attentive and for the price we paid, I'm impressed. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited March 2013

Charlesworth, Derbyshire
“Used to be good but now very average”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed with the food, both my pathia sauce and my husband's jalfrezi sauce looked and tasted identical-full of underdone onions, topped with orange oil and salty. My Tandoori chicken bright pink, dry, tasteless and obviously warmed up rather than cooked from fresh. Portions small. Not as good as it used to be.

Surroundings and service okay.

Had a takeaway delivered from Reshmi in Hadfield. Better eat in meals and Jodhpur Lounge on the Chisworth Road.

We won't be rushing back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“great for a curry”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

nice curry, staff helpful, decor really nice. great restaurant for a curry. rogan josh really tasty, not over priced at all.
the place is never empty a good sign we have now been half a dozen times and had good meal and service every time

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank samantha r
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Very good food and service.”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We visited the Ruchi as part of our evening in Glossop, the restaurant was very busy as it was the last Saturday prior to Christmas so there were lots of large parties in there.
The Staff were very good and said they could have a table for 6 ready in about an hour so we went for a couple of beers and then returned. They did get us a table and the food was very good, the service was also very good considering how busy they where. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Visited December 2012
“DON'T waste your money”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My partner and I visited Ruchi last night after seeing positive reviews. On arrival we ordered drinks from a very restricted selection of drinks (no orange juice!!). However we were given our table quickly. The service is extremely poor, very rushed and amateur. We ordered 2 kormas, both of which were bland and the peshwari naan was completely tasteless. For the price, this was shocking. Bad service (as though they had just opened and still didn't have a clue how to run the bar let alone the restaurant), below average food and everything overpriced. To say we wish we had of gotten our regular takeaway would be an understatement!!