“Good place to stay”

Windy Harbour Farm Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Glossop B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Located just outside Glossop centre overlooking the hills- lovely views from the room. Very pleasant staff who showed us round the hotel on our arrival. Room was a bit small but perfectly adequate and very clean. As it was a Monday evening we were told there was a limited menu available, so we ate in Glossop.Tthe breakfast was delicious and plentiful and service was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Windy Harbour Farm Hotel

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Although I am back dating this review to December 2013, I found this Countryside Hotel to be really cozy, welcoming and definitely would visit them again. The rooms are neat, tidy , clean and very cozy.

They also have traditional fireplace where one can read or simply relax and savior the countryside views.

At the breakfast table, they will prepare you a breakfast of your choice with plenty to choose from in very generous servings!

The Hotel is managed by the owners, we found them very pleasant and informative.

Room Tip: We had a double room, the rooms with single beds are larger. Ask for a room on the top floor with a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2014

i have just this returned from my mothers wedding the venue was brilliant the staff were great the food was great I noticed the trip adviser stickers in the window with a new excellence sticker the hotel has been refurbished since I last went there the staff and the owner were pleasant and helpful with great views of the peak district and a 5 min drive from the centre of Glossop I would recommend this hotel to people looking for peace and quiet the hotel also has a caravan and campsite the gardens are also great with blooming flowers and dry stone walls surrounding them this is a farm conversion done to the highest standard brilliant all over great place

Room Tip: ask for a good room I am sure they will be very helpfull
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This has to be the friendliest place I have ever stayed. Staff and locals were lovely, so chatty and welcoming. Food was very good.
Great rural location. There is a caravan site managed there too but we didn't look around.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Loved this place. I was welcomed by the family dog (love animals)! The food was lovely and they accommodated my wheat and dairy intolerances really well. The views were amazing and I had a good night's sleep. Would definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We got married at Windy Harbour just over a week ago. It couldn't have been better. I'm so pleased we chose Windy Harbour; it was everything I could have hoped for.

Firstly the location is superb; very near to Glossop and with spectacular views all around, Windy Harbour is an ideal place to hold a wedding. Their garden is lovely too. Our guests made good use of it (we were lucky with the weather!) and it gave us a good extra space for guests to wander around in. Inside is great too; there are various rooms including a cosy lounge (which became our family room) and a spacious bar with room for a band. Everywhere is decorated to a high standard and the place has a very warm and cosy feel to it.

The food was great; our guests were thrilled with the meat and potato pie and the vegetarian chilli. Various guests told me that the pie was the best they had ever tasted and the vegetarians were thrilled at being so well catered for. I wish I'd eaten more but my dress was so tight! I'm so glad we chose to have chips too. Perhaps not normal wedding food but you have to make an exception for Windy Harbour chips!

The main things that were really wonderful though were the staff. It was so well organised and they were all so helpful to us. I can't thank them enough for making our day run so smoothly. Our guests had a fabulous time and felt so welcome and looked after. Glossop is really lucky to have a place like Windy Harbour offering a 5 star service like this without the huge cost you might pay at a more well-known wedding venue. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank leroijones
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Beautiful location, great food, immaculate rooms and an incredibly warm welcome - we were especially impressed by the attention to detail and personal service offered by Graham & Julie. We loved Windy Harbour and plan to make a return visit next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glossop
Travelodge Glossop
The Bulls Head Public House, Restaurant & Guest House
Queens Arms Country Inn
Queens Arms Country Inn
#6 of 11 in Glossop

Been to Windy Harbour Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!