“My fabulous wedding venue!!”

Windy Harbour Farm Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Glossop B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We wanted a nice family wedding. 50 guests in the day and 100 at night. It was perfect. Graham and Julie were absolutely wonderful and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed overnight as did some of the other guests and the rooms were not large but very nice and comfortable (we got a bottle of champagne).
The staff were lovely very attentive but discreet and professional. The food at the reception was gorgeous and the breakfast was a lovely proper full English. It was extremely good value.
Two rooms were cancelled by some of the wedding party the day before due to ill health but no charge was made.
I cannot recommend this hotel too highly. Although I live in the area I hadn't been to Windy Harbour for many years but can honestly say that we will be regular visitors for Sunday Lunches from now on.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank melandra
There are newer reviews for Windy Harbour Farm Hotel

Reviewed August 8, 2007

We attended a wedding at this hotel and have to say that for a small hotel we found the service to be excellent. The staff were fabulous and attentive and the food was delicious. Nothing was too much trouble and we were very impressed with the venue as a whole.
The bad points were the fact the dogs on site barked all the way through the evening blessing which was a distraction from the what should have been an emotional moment and it took some time for the dogs to be quietened. There is also a no smoking sign positioned where the couples have there photos taken after the civil ceremony which has become a bit of a landmark in all of the photo's! The toilets stank and this aroma was present in the main room where the evening function took place.
I am sure these are all things that can be addressed by the hotel as otherwise it is in a fantastic location overlooking the moors.
We would certainly consider going back there to eat as the food was so good and such lovely staff.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed May 16, 2006

My cousin recently married at the hotel and my family stayed in one of the six rooms, the rest occupied by other members of the wedding party including the bride and groom, We had a fantastic weekend, the hotel is cosy and friendly, rooms compact but clean and cosy, The food was lovely and the whole atmosphere great the owners made us very welcome. I was surprised to hear the unsatisfactort report above and am aware that the hotel require booking confirmation by a certain date, I wonder if with all the wedding chaos this was overlooked perhaps. anyway all of our family and the guests had a great time and loved the venue very much!

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank ManchesterFreddie
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Went to a party at the Windy Harbour Farm Hotel in August 2005.
Food was first class.
Service / setting excellent - all in all a great event, the evening went off without a hitch. Staff managed that blend of attentive without intrusive.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank lowerknoll
A TripAdvisor Member
Stalybridge
Reviewed May 6, 2006

I am a regular visitor at Windy Harbour Farm Hotel. Why? Because it's a genuinely warm and friendly hotel. Get to know Julie and Graham and their staff and it soon feels like home, which is why their regular customers return time and time again. Last year I had my 40th celebration there in a marquee. It had taken almost a year of planning and like anybody with a forthcoming "once in a lifetime event" I was nervous about it all coming together. I needn't have been. It was a huge success and thanks have to go to Graham & Julie and all their staff for helping plan it and looking after us all so well. In fact my friends are still talking about the "event" now and it's all praise. You are stars!

I should say we also put some of my guests up in their rooms. The booking was dead straight forward and all our guests were looked after really well. In fact so much so that some of them returned with us again on New Years Eve 2005 to do it all again! So I would say whether you are planning a celebration or just want a few days in a lovely part of Derbyshire then go for it. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2006

My daughter married at this hotel in early January, the hotel double booked 3 of the rooms, of which incidentally there are only 6, and left the Father of the Bride, the Bride's brother and 2 friends to spend the night at a local B&B. We only found out by phoning the day before the wedding to find out what time the rooms would be available, owner never even apologised on the day, or gave any sort of explanation as to why he honoured the booking of guests who by his own admission only booked the rooms (that weren't available anyway !!!) 2 days before the wedding, whilst refusing to honour the bookings of the family of the bride who had booked the rooms 4 months previously . Worst case of hotel management I have known in my life, if you ever are desperate enough to contemplate staying here be prepared with a sleeping bag and blanket on the back seat of your car!

• Stayed: January 2006
7  Thank llhigham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glossop
Travelodge Glossop
The Bulls Head Public House, Restaurant & Guest House
Queens Arms Country Inn
Queens Arms Country Inn
#6 of 11 in Glossop

Been to Windy Harbour Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!