Birds Nest Cottage Guest House
    $107
    $55
    $197
    $49
    All reviewsstream runningon arrivalwarm welcomefull englishwent out of her waycakebeautiful gardenpeak districtfront of the housestay there againhigh standardfeel very welcomea wonderful staypot of teagreat value for moneylyndaaccommodation
    Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having read glowing reviews on this & other websites, we had high expectations for our recent visit to Birds Nest Cottage. We were not disappointed !
    From the warm welcome (including tea & cakes), through to the excellent breakfasts (huge variety) & local knowledge of pubs / restaurants / taxi firms, Linda could not have been a better host.
    We recommend Birds Nest Cottage without reservation.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook the road, but traffic noise is minimal.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
    1  Thank Capt_S_12
    Reviewed April 30, 2013

Was given a 2 night stay at Birds Nest Cottage as a present for our First Anniversary. Couldn't have been a more enjoyable break. We both had such a great relaxing time and both Linda and Lee couldn't have done more to help! They both have a fantastic knowledge of the local area as well as the Peak District as a whole so you will always find a lovely day out. The rooms are lovely as well as both reception rooms where you can either relax with a film or just catch up on your reading. The breakfast was delicious as were the home cooked cakes!

While we was staying we both had a massage which was lovely (even though I'm still not converted) and would recommend them!!

All in all this is the perfect rural B&B to relax and get away from the hussle and bussle of daily life !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Peter T
    Reviewed April 28, 2013

Birds Nest Cottage is a little hidden gem. We stayed recently and the warm and friendly welcome we received form Linda with her delicious home made cakes and tea was superb. The cottage has a delightful garden with a steam that babbles by, I loved to listen to this at night. The attention to detail within the rooms is excellent with tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities also wifi is free and easily accessed. Our bedroom had an en suite bathroom that was very well equipped. Great consideration is given to the comfort of their guests. As it was my anniversary, Linda had beautiful roses and chocolates waiting in our room for me. The breakfast provided by Linda and Lee is probably the best I have ever eaten, they use locally sourced products and the sausage and bacon are to die for! There is a delicious range of fresh fruit and cereals also. Linda was really friendly and helpful and offers massages as well as other treatments, also very highly recommended. Linda and Lee know the area well and suggested lots of good restaurants near by, our favourite was The Globe. Our thanks to Linda and Lee for a wonderful week end and we wished we had stayed for longer. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I loved the room at the back of the cottage, as I could hear the stream babble by at night as I lay in bed.
    • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
    2  Thank Sharon D
    Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at the B+B as I was going to an interview in Manchester the next day and wanted to stay somewhere more rural. The owner was really friendly and helpful, and offers massages as well as other treatments, so I got one to relax as I was a bit nervous before my interview (by the way I was successful so it must have worked :) The breakfast was fantastic and there was a selection of homemade cakes (try the lemon drizzle!) to have when we were greeted with a cup of tea. The owner was also knew the area well and suggested a nice tapas restaurant nearby. The hotel rooms were nice and the bathrooms were a good size and clean. All in all a enjoyable stay and i wish I stayed longer. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
    2  Thank Brummiewonderer
    Reviewed April 4, 2013

From the warm welcome we received on our arrival and a pot of tea with home-made raspberry cupcakes, we realised the Birds Nest Cottage was a completely unexpected hidden gem, which from the outside seemed to be just an ordinary terraced house! Our hosts couldn't have been more helpful or hospitable and always ready to help (when asked) with their local knowledge of where to go, what to see and where to eat. A little 'tardis' with spacious guest sitting rooms and a beautiful garden, and breakfast to put most British hotels to shame! We will certainly return to visit the beautiful surrounding countryside. Wifi was free and easily accessed, our bedroom had an ensuite bathroom that was thoughtfully equipped, and excellent coffee and tea making facilities - altogether, guests' comfort had been given every consideration. Our thanks to Linda and Lee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends