All reviewsstayed previouslygreat eveningchampagne breakfastfamily mealpiping hoton arrivalfull englishlovely foodcomfortable bednothing too much troublebusy roadwould stay againexcellent staysuiteblenheimvenuemains
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

I booked on Sunday evening 06/05 on expedia to stay that night. Tried to call as check in was until 9pm but special instructions say to call if you will be later and that late check in is guaranteed.

No one answered and assumed they were busy/short staffed so drove up anyway. Booked this as a surprise last minute get away for my boyfriends birthday.

Arrived at around 9:50 and there was no staff there. Was banging on the door and ringing the bell for ages before other guests in the hotel let is in and explained that there was no one on site and the young lad behind the bar had left at 8.

Spent nearly 3 hours on the phone to expedia to sort this out and eventually at 1am got a room at a nearby hotel.

A girl from Blenheim called me in the morning to "talk about my booking from last night" we decided to go in person to find out what had happened and were told that the lad (Keiran) was there until 9:30pm and didn't hear the phone (even though I was on the phone attempting to call all the way to the hotel, approx 25 minutes)

This is an obvious lie as the couple who let us in were annoyed that he left so early and they couldn't get drinks at the bar.

I was then told that the manager Sam would call me to apologise and that they had only been staff there for a few weeks.

I'm still waiting for the manager to call me and offer an explaination and an apology.

Fuming is not the word. This ruined the plans we had for Monday as we didn't get to sleep until late. Therefore ruined my boyfriends surprise getaway.

Wish we hadn't bothered now.

Staff just don't seem bothered at all.

5  Thank Karli K
Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Blenheim house over the bank holiday weekend in one of the suites and it was really lovely. Room was very clean, spacious and charming. The service efficient and everyone was very accommodating. The hotel is incredibly dog friendly. They can go anywhere and there are some nice walks nearby.

We went to Matlock Bath for the day which was approximately 30 minutes away.

I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break. Breakfast was excellent.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny D
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We went here for a family meal - in fact introducing one set of parents to the other before our wedding, so it was obviously quite important! From beginning to end everything was perfect - booking was very easy and they were more than happy to accommodate all our requirements. The meal itself was delicious, everyone enjoyed everything they had and the service efficient but unobtrusive. My parents who also stayed over very much liked their room and enjoyed their breakfast. Thank you very much to the staff who made our experience so positive, we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose one of the 2 suites as these are larger, and at the back so quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather_Holiday
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last night 2 adults 1child room waz lovely and comfortable staff very helpful especially the new manager (lady sorry didn’t catch her name) food amazing for dinner children meals half price breakfast best Iv had in a long time from hotels I would definitely recommend and I would stay again thank you for a lovely stay

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherineleo
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Situated just outside Derby this is a real good alternative to the chain hotels in the area. Individual and sometimes " quirky" rooms, but vert comfortable. Excellent food for dinner and breakfast equally good. Certainly one for your short list

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business