I have now stayed at the Blenheim House twice yet to my shame this is my first review! I would go as far to say this is the most welcoming and impressive hotel I have stayed in. The first time I stayed in a suite, which was immaculately presented with impressive original features throughout. The attention to detail was something that stood out immediately and highlighted the care and passion that the staff have for their hotel. I visited last weekend for the second time, visiting friends in Derby and stayed in a room with two singles. I don't know how they've done it but BH has managed to find THE comfiest beds ever ... it's ridiculous. The room again was immaculately presented with a degree of quirkiness/uniqueness that was completely charming.
The food at BH is amazing! Superlatives can not do it justice! My meal of butternut squash soup, followed by turbot was faultless. The fish was cooked to perfection whilst the accompanying sauce was light but packed full of flavour. Perhaps equally impressive was that the staff seemed equally enthusiastic about the food as their customers. The waitresses were knowledgeable and extremely helpful when asked about any aspect of the menu and were genuine in desire to know how the meal was being received.
During both visits I met the family behind the hotel over the course of my stay, it is easy to see their passion and pride in the hospitality that they offer. This enthusiasm can be seen to be infectious with staff obviously enjoying working there as well as being part of something truly special. BH has set the bar for hospitality and each time I return they keep amazing me more.
Thank you BH for a truly incredible time, I will without doubt be returning and urge everyone if they have the chance to visit, it really is THAT good!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blenheim House Hotel and Restaurant is set in the beautiful village of Etwall. A former 17th century farmhouse the Blenheim has been lovingly restored into a nine bedroom hotel with an excellent A la carte restaurant and traditional home cooked lounge menu. With inviting open fires, rich plush furnishings mixed with the contemporary style decor the Blenheim offers a warm and comfortable welcome to all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Blenheim House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blenheim House Hotel Etwall
- Blenheim House Etwall, Derbyshire