“Lovely”
Review of Blenheim House

Blenheim House
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Etwall
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: 'Excellent atmosphere, food, service and surroundings' - that is the feedback we get from our guests and we are proud of it. Call in for a morning coffee and tea-cakes, enjoy a bottle of wine and sharing platter with friends or book a romantic dinner with someone special in a cosy corner of the restaurant. We offer great food and great service and a great experience in relaxed, calm and quirky surroundings.
Bitez, Turkey
“Lovely”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited as a large group of 20 for my mums 90th birthday for Sunday lunch which we had booked in advance
The welcome and service were spot on and we had a large room set up just for us which was good
The food was tasty and beautifully presented,and although the portions were not large the amount was adequate;the wine list had a reasonable choice to suit all tastes and wallets;the menu itself was somewhat limited however and not the cheapest for a Sunday lunch but we were aware of this before booking and felt there was sufficient choice for most palates
The restaurant itself was clean and tastefully decorated to make the most of the original features and had a small outside courtyard.
We would definitely visit again and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone in the area

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice restaurant but odd portions”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I came here for my birthday with the family. The setting and decor was lovely and felt relaxing, and they were accommodating for our large party. Service was also good. My only issue (hence the loss of a star) was the uneven portions sizes. Desserts were good, but mains were oddly distributed in size, steak being good but the lamb accompaniments being just spoonful sizes.Starters were the most disappointing. Most of our party ordered 'scallops with black pudding' - highlighting the S at the end of scallops. However what came appeared to be 1 scallop sliced with sprinkles of black pudding - for nearly £8, we all agreed we shouldn't have bothered. Overall it was a good night but we didn't feel we got value for money.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food with friends and romantic stay”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I added a review to the Blenheim's hotel page but since I covered food too, here it is for their restaurant page:

My partner and I stayed here for one night when we were meeting friends for dinner. Our meal was superb! I chose scallops for starter, which were melt in the mouth yummy, a lovely steak which was cooked just how I requested, and I shared two gorgeous desserts with a friend so I can vouch for the home made panna cotta and spiced apple and sultana crumble as both being delicious. I think the prices are fair for the combination of good quality of produce, the chefs obvious skill and passion, and smart yet warm and attentive restaurant service. The presentation was stunning and the waitresses tending to our table got the balance right between checking we were happy without overly disturbing us while we were chatting.

My partner and I chose the Samuel Sleigh Suite with a comfy four poster bed and gorgeous en suite. The bathroom has charming old shutters which can be opened so you can watch TV in the bath- what a relaxing Sunday morning! The room itself is a quirky shape due to the character of the C17th building, which I really liked, but there was still plenty of space. I loved the old beams, very romantic. The room and bathroom were spotless with lovely white fluffy towels.

I spoke to the owners several times too who were very friendly and eager to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. This is a fantastic family run business which takes pride in attention to detail. We travelled quite far to come to the Blenheim and we weren't disappointed! I used to work in hospitality and I can tell these guys don't cut corners.. I definitely hope to return one day!

Derby
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“50th anniversary champagne breakfast”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

When we arrived we weren't given a menu . All the waiter said was 3 cooked breakfasts is it.? Well no it wasn't.Staff were rude and just left us on our own. Asked for porridge, it never did arrive. Asked where it was and said packet was out of date. Rubbish. They wouldn't even have told us if we didn't ask. And I wasn't offered anything else. I just helped myself. Food was ok but not brilliant. For the money we paid it should have been. No one came to see if we were ok or needed any more toast or tea and coffee. There was no atmosphere and all they wanted to do was get rid of us. I did write to them but got no response. So we certainly won't be going again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dickeytripe
Helga R, Owner at Blenheim House, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Good evening and thank you so much for your five star review of the Blenheim House. We are so pleased that after reading the reviews already posted that you felt confident enough to try us out and that you were happy that you did. We are very aware of our reviews and answer each one personally. We are very glad that people like yourselves take the time to write reviews and when they are positive, as most are, it is always a pleasure to read and respond. Many thanks once again and we hope to see you again soon as the more visits you make the more points you gain for your loyalty card.
Derby, United Kingdom
“What a treat :)”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came here for lunch after reading many positive reviews. The service was excellent as was the food. I had the pie of the day which was chicken,leek and mushroom and my partner had the Delhi pizza. Both of us were happy with our meals and enjoyed both. In terms of portion sizes they were perfect for us, left us full without feeling stodgy, definitely quality over quantity. Really impressed with the loyalty card they offer and will definitely be returning again! Thank you for a lovely lunch :)

Helga R, Owner at Blenheim House, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good afternoon, many thanks for the great review you gave for the Blenheim House, we really appreciate you taking the time to write this. We are so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us and found the food enjoyable but not oversized. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, many thanks once again. Helga