“Very good service and food”
Review of Rucola - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A Mothers Day breakfast for 10 of us was well enjoyed by all at Cafe 59.

The service was really good despite the restaurant being full, with people waiting, and we asked for items to be changed on the children's breakfasts. Nothing was too much trouble for our waitress as she dealt very well with our requirements and always with a smile!!

Very impressive!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My first experience at Cafe 59 as it is now called was really lovely, the comments about the staff are harsh I feel as some are not English so maybe small talk is tricky. I found our waitress to be lovely once you engage with them. They are also busy occasionally which may hinder their opportunity to have a casual conversation. The manager is a really friendly guy that is happy to help and make you feel accommodated. From the looks of past reviews, this place has really picked up in quality. Definitely going back soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This cafe restaurant is now called Cafe 59. It still offers good breakfasts and brunches, eaten either inside or on the terrace. But it is now open in the early evening and serves very good food from a limited menu. The value is terrific and the service good.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am surprised by the negative reviews. We have been going for perhaps ten years for a girls brunch and we have never had anything but excellent meals all round. I dream of those Blackstone eggs, delicious! Perfect for a leisurely brunch, not a hurried one.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been here on several occasions,and always been greeted with great service and first class dishes. I highly recommend the chicken or halloumi skewers or,for a lighter bite,a selection of mezzes...especially the succulent whitebait and tasty lamb koftes,washed down with a chilled white wine! The only disappointing feature about the cafe/restaurant is the fact that it closes around six so you must get there early!I do like the fact that you can sit outside and watch the world go by.The atmosphere is so relaxed .