“Pleasent little B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 13 Castleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had been to castleton many many times but I have never stayed over for the weekend, with living in Stoke we arent that far away but I booked this B&B for me and BF to get away for the weekend. When we arrived about 7:30pm Alan was there to answer the door and meet us with big smiles, friendly attitude and a handshake. We couldn't quite park that close to the B&B and Alan offered to move his car for us to park right outside but he couldn't find his keys which we found amusing but it didnt bother us.

He showed us to our room which was very large and brightly decorated. The only thing I could fault with the room was that there was too many chairs, there were 3 large chairs that we never used, one was placed next to the bed which left a little space to get past to use the bathroom, if this was removed then the room would look much bigger. We had replenished tea and coffee so we could enjoy a hot drink when we got back from our walk in the afternoon and the bed was made.

Breakfast was plentiful served from 8:30-9:30 but there were a few people who came down later than that and Alan had no problem with making them breakfast at this time which showed excellent customer service. There was cereal, fruit, yoghurt, toast, tea and coffee on offer whilst we waited for our full english breakfast which was also plentiful. Good job we went for a walk that morning to exercise it all off!

We spent two nights there and were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Another thing i noticed which i couldnt find noted anywhere was that this family does have a cat and it was present at breakfast meowing around peoples feet. I personally am allergic to cats but luckily he didnt come anywhere near me so I was fine. if you dont like cats or animals around you while eating be aware of this the car may be joining you in the room for breakfast.

Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms cost the same but i chose a superior because it has an en suite. the rooms at...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We travelled to Castleton to escape the Big Smoke for a couple of nights. We had a great stay at the Four Seasons - really appreciated getting a lift from and to the station, the lovely breakfast selection, the simple and clean decor, the maps and local information available. We weren't that impressed by the (lack of) friendliness in some of the other places in the town, but we always felt welcome at the B&B and had a really nice stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the top floor overlooking the front of the house; nice view and great morning sunli...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LornaCM
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited Castleton in July for a 2 night birthday getaway. Our room was at the back of the house and has stunning views of the hills & across the fields. I didn’t love the sheep quite so much when they were baaing very early in the morning but it’s the first time I’ve ever been able to say ‘the sheep woke me’ and the views are worth it.

Alan was very welcoming and happy to show us to our room and let us get settled around lunchtime. The room was spacious, clean and had a lovely big comfy bed. The tea & coffee tray was well stocked and they had lovely big mugs, a silly thing but I do hate the tiny teacups you get in so many places. Room also had a hairdryer, TV with sky, good size mirror inc a full length one. The bathroom was fairly compact and had a broken towel rail in need of repair but a good hot shower and very clean.

Castleton is only pretty small and so everything is easily walked to but this has a pretty perfect location, just outside the main run of town but within view of the first pub (Cheshire Cheese – lovely friendly staff) and no distance from a small convenience store. We managed to get parked just outside the B&B though I imagine in high season parking may be a little trickier, it has a small parking area at the rear.

Breakfast was lovely, nice bright airy room, good choice of cereals and the like, plus I really liked the way the toaster was out so you could do your own toast when you wanted it & cook it to your liking. Alan was also kind enough to cater for my wheat intolerance with special bread he got in and cooking special sausages we took with us. We also got hash browns with our brekkie which I love and you rarely get offered.

Castleton itself is lovely, we explored the town, pubs, shops & Peak Caverns on this trip, we plan to go back for a walking trip. We would definitely recommend both this B&B and Castleton as a place to stay/visit.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property enjoy views of the hills
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Even before we arrived, Alan was helpful with arrival times and the fraught issue of bringing bikes on the train. We got a wonderfully warm welcome and were very happy to find a lovely B&B with simple, clean decor and a pleasant lack of the OTT chintz often found in rural B&Bs. House martens under the eaves! Dave the dog and George/Dracula the cat were unobtrusive if you don't like animals but there to be chatted to if you do. Great breakfasts, and a terrific location just on the edge of Castleton village - just a minute's walk from the centre but not in the midst of the summer-day crowds. Perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahirving
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend and found it to be comfortable and brilliantly located. Alan is a really lovely host and nothing was too much trouble, even running people to the station and offering to give us a lift to a restaurant in the next village. Breakfast was plentiful and well cooked and the atmosphere of the place is really relaxed. We would definately stay here again,.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobanmay
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went to the Four Seasons with my boyfriend for the second time recently. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the new hosts Lucy and Matt were really friendly and a lot more welcoming & helpful during our stay than the previous time we went, with the former owners. Since the first time we stayed, it has improved massively and the new decor looks great! We would defintely go back again and would recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed last september it was great. The rooms are spacious with everything you need. The hosts I couldnt fault. The bathroom was lush, the bed was very comfy and the duvet was amazing. I can not wait to come back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shaunna M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleton
Innkeeper's Lodge Castleton, Peak District
Causeway House
Causeway House
#4 of 13 in Castleton
Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese Inn

Been to Four Seasons Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!